Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amulya View Post
    Haha! No they need to be powdered, otherwise you get a distracting glare, audience my get blinded...
    I have seen some shiny heads in my life, some blinding heads, on baldies that is....so I say powder away!clap:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greek Bonfire View Post
    You know, Amulya, this is absolutely true! I love Kojak and his shaved head but oh, the glare sometimes!
    Did you know that they actually do use powder on people's bald heads when filming? That is for the glare.

Post Thanks / Like

And watching some of those pro basketball players where so many of them shave their heads, it's glare, glare, glare. But it beats a bumpy scalp.

Post Thanks / Like

I have very long hair and don't plan on cutting it anytime soon. As a child, I was always forced to cut my hair very short, so I guess now I'm rebelling

I don't think short hair looks good on me, but some women can really pull it off. It looks gorgeous and exudes so much confidence. I wish there were more belly dancers out there sporting the short hair look!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yame View Post
    I have very long hair and don't plan on cutting it anytime soon. As a child, I was always forced to cut my hair very short, so I guess now I'm rebelling
    lol me 2! I have worn my hair short in my Adult and teen years, but Im very anti pixie, still. i can't ever imagine a pixie on myself

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yame View Post

I don't think short hair looks good on me, but some women can really pull it off. It looks gorgeous and exudes so much confidence. I wish there were more belly dancers out there sporting the short hair look!
    I found this clip of Nadia Gamal with short hair. Sorry for the link - I still haven't figured out how to embed correctly.

Last edited by Farasha Hanem; 10-28-2010 at 02:46 AM. Reason: trying to fix the YouTube embedding---cross your fingers! ^^;;

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the compliments (blush) - I have just celebrated my 46th birthday.

It's what we call here a hair fall or a pony tail wig. I'm not sure if it is real or acrylic hair but it seems even more realistic now that it's a bit old and has some flyaways and isn't too perfect. You need to have the minimum hair to make a bun to secure it to (mine is no more than a stub) and it helps to not wash your hair before wearing it so it doesn't slip out but I haven't had mine budge even with Khaleegy head rolls. I love that I can scrape my hair back and put it in literally in a minute. I see some tie on but mine is attached with a claw grip like this:

BLACK 9CM HAIR CLAMP/ HAIR CLAW/ HAIR GRIP CRAB LARGE (eBay item 160493206825 end time 13-Nov-10 07:26:02 AEDST) : Clothes, Shoes Accessories

The hair is cleverly arranged so that the grip is completely covered adn you can wash and conditionand brush it as real hair.

Here is a similar hair fall which has a most interesting series of dogs with toupees on it on the same page which I don't understand??!!??:

16'' wig extension claw clip Ponytail Hairpiece hairdo (eBay item 260659107961 end time 01-Nov-10 19:39:04 AEDST) : Clothing, Shoes, Accessories

My hair is quite grey (started greying in my teenage years) so when I purchase hair dye I take my fall along to colour match but even when it has been quite a different colour for some reason people always think it's my real hair. Maybe this is becasue I used to have long hair for most of my life so I move my head as if it's mine.

As well as for dancing we have used it for lots of hillarity. My FIL who is completely bald enjoys plopping it on his head with a cap on the top and has us in stitches. We have also dressed the dog up with it - she's so tolerant the love.

I think mine was $40 with postage and it's now 3 years old and very much used. The othe radvantage over a full wig is for sword work you can still feel the sword whereas with a wig not so much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chani View Post
    Thanks for the compliments (blush) - I have just celebrated my 46th birthday.
    You're serious? You look way younger! Oh btw: belated happy birthday!

Post Thanks / Like

I am so glad I found this thread. I was wondering what I can do with my hair during performances (hopefully sometime soon). I am unfortunately cursed with the hair that takes a millennia to grow. Apparently a lot of black girls have this problem (hence all the weave). I cut it Halle Berry short back in 2007 and have been growing it ever since. It is FINALLY at my shoulders. I used to wear a clip in fall in high school show choir performances but was worried that if I tried to flip my hair while dancing it may fling off lol. Are the falls you use drawstring or clip or tie?

Post Thanks / Like

I guess the hair has also to go with the rest of costuming? Kind of odd to see a military or exotic hair cut with an evening gown....

However wigs and falls can really help to change the image, one day you are blonde next day a redhead? Also if you are a dancing pro your venue might have certain requirements and simply not hire a dancer that does not 'look' like they expect to, same goes for competitions...

My hair just does not grow past middle of shoulder blades, otherwise I would have it to the floor