Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO anyone can be helpful if they come with the right attitude and are prepared to listen to advice. Anyone can spark off interesting discussions with things they've heard or seen.

It's the ones who don't know how little they know, and insist that everyone else knows as little as they do... . Oh yeah, and the fangurls expecting everyone to faint with admiration of whoever, then doing the jellus h8r routine when people won't.

I don't know quite what happened over there, but I do know that once things go to PMs, posts get deleted or edited, and issues get splattered over several threads it gets very difficult to keep track. People get skewed views over who is saying what, what so&so is referring to, who said that... and either deliberately or inadvertently add to the mess... AAARGH! By that stage you are basically in a big hole and trying to dig your way out and explain just looks over-defensive and results in more splatterage.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep! That's the "anything you say is going to be wrong,then if you say the opposite that will be wrong too" point

The saddest is when the whole room/site turns on one person and makes them the sort of "room/site" enemy. That hasn't happened to me personally...but I've seen it...and I always feel so bad for the person

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to here, Lady Loba!
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLoba View Post
    I just hope I'm not a complete pest....my level is VERY beginner...and I'm not exactly a graceful swan by nature....so anyone who will answer me might get treated to a round of "I STILL can't do this!" If I get annoying, or I want so much info that it becomes "teaching" and I owe you money...please...let me know
    Oh, haaaaaaay, don't feel bad---I am the QUEEN of Klutz, dance or otherwise! XD And I work in electronics! Seriously, though, even though I have 3 years of classes under my fringed belt now and have started my fourth year, I have trouble; I have no previous dance background, and really am a klutz! It doesn't matter, though, I'm having the most fun I've ever had, and I'm sure you'll do well.

As for your experience on the other forum, I am awfully sorry. Anyone can make a mistake, and one should be given the chance to apologize, and once accepted, the matter should be dropped.

This forum is wonderful, and has many members here who are not only knowledgeable, but also very kind and helpful. Never be afraid to ask a question, because having the willingness to learn will undoubtedly result in not only educational growth, but personal growth, too.

Again, welcome to the forum! *hugs!*

Post Thanks / Like

awwww thank you! Yeah...thats all I wanted "over there" a chance to correct myself and say "oops" and "sorry" without being attacked...it seems like people would do that here...they've been gentle so far, even with the belly dance explanations...very nice people.

I love belly dance! You guys always look so graceful onstage...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLoba View Post
    I love belly dance! You guys always look so graceful onstage...
    Well, in my case, all I can say is, if you only knew...

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum!

Speaking of the other forum: I am an Ultimate Bhuzzer, but I nearly never post! I just can't stand the atmosphere. It used to be a much nicer forum long ago, that's how I got that title, been on there for years. Moderators are very important (ahum hehe) to keep things nice on forums.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi LadyLoba! I'm pretty new here too (3 weeks?). There is so much you can learn here and many of ladies are super helpful.

I know exactly what you mean about people lashing out at you for not liking what you said (I'm dealing with that right now ) You should feel free to say what you like here, and if someone else doesn't have the decency to just talk with you about it instead of attacking you, just move on. It's their issue, not yours.

Anyway, welcome back

Post Thanks / Like

The moderators here do indeed do an excellent job. I had the bhuz site owner take my whole profile and everything with me in it down, and then just re-started my account so that the few people I made friends with there who are not also here can get in touch with me...I doubt I'll post there either.

People here are really nice....sure...sometimes people disagree...but I've so far never seen a case where anyone was skewered for disagreeing with someone else, or not given a chance to edit or clarify what they said...

My compliments to the moderators and admins!

Post Thanks / Like

Default PS....

...and to everyone else! This forum is full of very cool people!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast