Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Yame!
    I am a Bhuz member too, apparently an 'ultimate Bhuzzer' even though I never post, but I was a frequent Bhuz user many years ago. I am also on tribe and I agree that the whole maintenance thing they keep doing is really annoying. I don't like the way all the tribes are so scattered around. I prefer a simple forum (like this one hehe)

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, Yame! I guess we all have our "1st home" and "2nd home" when it comes to forums. I am on Bhuz as well, but don't post there that often. However, I've been checking on Bhuz like three times today whether the facelift has been completed already

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Safran View Post
    Welcome, Yame! I guess we all have our "1st home" and "2nd home" when it comes to forums. I am on Bhuz as well, but don't post there that often. However, I've been checking on Bhuz like three times today whether the facelift has been completed already
    It's taking forever!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yame View Post
    It's taking forever!
    It must be a big "face lift." It's supposed to be up by tomorrow night. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greek Bonfire View Post
    It must be a big "face lift." It's supposed to be up by tomorrow night. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though.
    Back when Rosey said she needed to update bhuz, I knew she had a bumpy road ahead. I assume she's just installing a new version of the Vbulletin software, but every time you install a new version of a complex program, there's the potential for all hell to break loose. Such as yesterday when people were having logon problems.

The "facelift" probably won't be all that visible to us in terms of "look and feel" - maybe a few assorted new features for us end users, but I would expect most of the changes to be behind-the-scenes stuff like plugging known security holes, improving response time, fixing known bugs, new back-office features to make it easier for site owners to administer the system, and so on. I'm sure these things are very important (particularly plugging security weaknesses and fixing bugs), we just won't know what they are.

And now you know why I never took the plunge to put a forum on Shira.net! I admire Salome, Rosey, and others who have had the courage to plunge themselves deep into such complicated technology! It's not for the faint of heart!

Post Thanks / Like

Amen to all that Shira said!

Post Thanks / Like

The thing with Bhuz is that I can't remember who is who, I only recognize long term users of course, but there are 1000s of people on there. Here you can at least remember people, makes it nicer in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amulya View Post
    The thing with Bhuz is that I can't remember who is who, I only recognize long term users of course, but there are 1000s of people on there. Here you can at least remember people, makes it nicer in my opinion.
    You're right. There are a whole lot more topics there but it's easier to know people here. There is more of an underbelly and sometimes I feel like I'm stepping on land mines and have to tiptoe around some issues (as well as more people). Now I just prefer to lurk. Most people here are pretty nice too.

Post Thanks / Like

Bhuz is getting a face lift? Been a little busy. Thank-you for the information.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the new header, but so far not the forum layout, it is hard to read with all that blue, maybe it will get better as things are sorted out.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast