Bhuz is down, need new shelter!

Yame

I'm Yamê, and I've been interested in belly dance since 2007, when I created an account on just about every belly dance forum that existed, but never used them and completely forgot about them because I was too busy learning how to dance ;)

Once I got the basics down I started to get involved on tribe.net. After a while, tribe started to go down for maintenance too often, and many users became inactive. But I liked talking about belly dance so much, I couldn't just leave it at that. So, I fled for bhuz.

I've been active on bhuz ever since, but bhuz has been shaky since yesterday and I need to get my belly dance forum fix. So, here I am.

This seems like a great community, and I plan on checking and posting here regularly even after bhuz comes back up, so don't worry, this isn't just my back-up forum ;)

So, some of you might already know me from bhuz, or tribe, or from your local community. Earlier this year I was also featured right here on orientaldancer.net (link: Belly dance Idol Feature 2009 ), which was really an honor.

So I'm glad to be here, looking forward to "meet" those of you I have not previously encountered.

Greek Bonfire

Hi Yame! I've been on Tribe and Bhuz occasionally. Tribe seems to have a whole lot of technical problems, and Bhuz right now is having a "major face lift" so it says. I am looking forward to you sharing your knowledge as well!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
to the forum - yes I am the occasional Bhuzzer, but I do have a favourite;) & it is right here! I have never got into tribe, it is too full of advertising and kind of messy.
~Mosaic

Yshka

Dear Yame,

as somebody who is not on Bhuz or Tribe, welcome to the boards!!
Happy posting and reading, I'm sure you'll love the community here!

Big hello from tiny Holland :D

Yame

@Gia: I've got a duo and a solo performance, both unlike anything I've ever performed before.

@All: Thank you for the warm welcome! I am noticing that the crowd here is even more heterogeneous than on other forums I've been a part of. It looks like everyone is from a different country!

Amulya

Welcome Yame!
I am a Bhuz member too, apparently an 'ultimate Bhuzzer' even though I never post, but I was a frequent Bhuz user many years ago. I am also on tribe and I agree that the whole maintenance thing they keep doing is really annoying. I don't like the way all the tribes are so scattered around. I prefer a simple forum (like this one hehe)

Safran

Welcome, Yame! I guess we all have our "1st home" and "2nd home" when it comes to forums. I am on Bhuz as well, but don't post there that often. However, I've been checking on Bhuz like three times today whether the facelift has been completed already :lol:

Yame

Welcome, Yame! I guess we all have our "1st home" and "2nd home" when it comes to forums. I am on Bhuz as well, but don't post there that often. However, I've been checking on Bhuz like three times today whether the facelift has been completed already :lol:

It's taking forever!

shiradotnet

It must be a big "face lift." It's supposed to be up by tomorrow night. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though.

Back when Rosey said she needed to update bhuz, I knew she had a bumpy road ahead. I assume she's just installing a new version of the Vbulletin software, but every time you install a new version of a complex program, there's the potential for all hell to break loose. Such as yesterday when people were having logon problems.

The "facelift" probably won't be all that visible to us in terms of "look and feel" - maybe a few assorted new features for us end users, but I would expect most of the changes to be behind-the-scenes stuff like plugging known security holes, improving response time, fixing known bugs, new back-office features to make it easier for site owners to administer the system, and so on. I'm sure these things are very important (particularly plugging security weaknesses and fixing bugs), we just won't know what they are.

And now you know why I never took the plunge to put a forum on Shira.net! I admire Salome, Rosey, and others who have had the courage to plunge themselves deep into such complicated technology! It's not for the faint of heart!

Amulya

The thing with Bhuz is that I can't remember who is who, I only recognize long term users of course, but there are 1000s of people on there. Here you can at least remember people, makes it nicer in my opinion.

Greek Bonfire

The thing with Bhuz is that I can't remember who is who, I only recognize long term users of course, but there are 1000s of people on there. Here you can at least remember people, makes it nicer in my opinion.

You're right. There are a whole lot more topics there but it's easier to know people here. There is more of an underbelly and sometimes I feel like I'm stepping on land mines and have to tiptoe around some issues (as well as more people). Now I just prefer to lurk. Most people here are pretty nice too.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I like the new header, but so far not the forum layout, it is hard to read with all that blue, maybe it will get better as things are sorted out.
~Mosaic