Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir View Post
    Over-tucked was the fashion when I started dancing. Apart from meaning you can remove that useful lumbar curve, if you tuck with your butt you reduce the flexibility of the hips. Don't even think "tuck" - if you have a dropped pelvis (and not every one has) soften your knees and use your lower abs to lift your pelvis into neutral (feel those bumps) - no further.
    so treu....remember we have all differant body,s what is good for somebody perhaps very wrong for another body......listen to your body.....
    Last edited by Daimona; 11-13-2011 at 09:38 AM. Reason: fixed quote code

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Laya View Post
    Do you know anyone that has damaged their back from Belly Dancing? how would you say your back is after years of dance?
    No - but sounds like another reason not to buy Sadie's video. However, I did damage my back from incorrect stretches when I did jazz - we were encouraged to "stretch" standing and bending over (you cannot stretch your hamstrings this way). I was very enthusiastic and got all the movement from my lower back. Could have been worse - one teacher would leap on students doing flat backs at the barre!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Laya View Post
    Do you know anyone that has damaged their back from Belly Dancing?
    I know of a few who strained their backs but they had a teacher who learned from videos and didn't teach correct posture. Listen to these ladies and you'll be fine.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910