Status
Not open for further replies.

walladah

According to Greek custom the goblins live in the underworld during the entire year, cutting little by little the tree on which the earth is based. At the Christmas Eve the tree trunk stands up on a piece of wood which is tiny as a strandthread. Just before the moment of the world's destruction the goblins leave the underworld and on Christmas day they walk around on earth, teasing people, stealing food and sweets, messing up the house warehouses, and during the nights, they break into homes to eat the sausages the housewives have prepared. The goblins are a pest during the nights, but there is no use to lock the doors and windows well, only the fireplace should stay lit, because they enter the house through the chimney!

When sun rises on January 6th, e.g. when Christ was baptised, the Holy Ghost appears and the goblins rush into the underworld to continue cutting the tree. But the tree has recovered during the holy days and they now have to work hard for the new year to cut it off again, till the next Christmas day.

The 12 days between 25th Dec. to 5th January are called dodecameron (12-day time) and they are days of feast, tricks, fun, tolerance and jokes!

So, let's prepare a Dodecameron/Goblin Calendar for the 12 days starting on Christmas day! It will be a trickster/joke calendar for Christmas and New Year...

Please, have in mind that this calendar has 12 only days!

December 25th Walladah
December 26th Shanazel
December 27th Daimona
December 28th Walladah
December 29th ……….
December 30th Cheart
December 31st Greek Bonfire
January 1st Shanazel
January 2nd Yame
January 3rd Gisela
January 4th Nath
January 5th Mosaic

Last edited:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Not sure what to do but will find something, I will take Jan 5, might as well have the last day and go out with a bang so to speak:D
~Mosaic

Greek Bonfire

Now we have 7 only days left (and i have not chosen one yet!)

Hey, why don't you choose December 25th? To those of us who are trying to learn more about it, I would love to see what you do for that day since you know the most about it. :dance::yay::dance:

walladah

I have already Dec 25th

for the Advent Calendar and getting the Christmas day for the Goblin calendar too would be greedy!

I was thinking that my gift for Advent Calendar would be related to the Goblins too, as this day is both the last day of waiting-for-Christmas time and the first of the Goblins' stay on the upper world.

walladah

Something funny,

tricky or teasing-like! Or anything that the goblin inside the bellydancer would like to tell the others!!

Last edited:

Yame

I'm a little bit confused. What are we picking dates for? Are the people who picked a date playing some kind of joke on the rest of us on that date?

walladah

Yame, yes,

this is an option that a dancer of the Goblin calendar has!

Dancers who choose a day at the Goblin calendar, do try to think as goblins, tricksters, funny creatures ready for mischief! They prepare a treat within this context for the day they pick up.

Yame

this is an option that a dancer of the Goblin calendar has!

Dancers who choose a day at the Goblin calendar, do try to think as goblins, tricksters, funny creatures ready for mischief! They prepare a treat within this context for the day they pick up.

Hmmm I thought of something! Put me in on December 2nd!

Status
Not open for further replies.