Post Thanks / Like

Default A new comer as well as a new belly dance starter !!!

Hello you guys,

My name is Lulu. I'm from Hanoi, Vietnam. I've a passion for belly dance since i was very young but i didnt have a chance to study it because it was very difficult for me to find a place where they taught me how to dance. Finally, I found one the other day and I have just signed up for a course there. I'm very happy !!!

Hope I can earn some more experience here from you guys. Anyway, nice to meet you

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello

I'm new to belly dance too...and fairly new to this forum...I just post a lot

Post Thanks / Like

to the forum, mslulu89! We certainly hope you enjoy being here. Happy posting!

Post Thanks / Like

to the forum. So glad you have found a class and can now follow your passion. I am sure you will love it!
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Yay: a new member! We have a lot of beginners here and this is a great pace for your questions, feel free to ask anything you want and good luck with your classes, keep us up to date how they go

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just wondering if bellydancing helps me to have a flat belly? I study how to belly dance twice/week.Do you guys practice at home as well? Any suggestions for me to get my dancing skill better quick? xxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Practice, practice, and more practice. Watch performance DVD's of skilled dancers. Ask questions, and frequent sites like All About Belly Dancing! Learn to Belly Dance!, and of course, here!

Bellydance is wonderful exercise, and with a sensible lifestyle, can help you lose weight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mslulu89 View Post
    I'm just wondering if bellydancing helps me to have a flat belly? I study how to belly dance twice/week.Do you guys practice at home as well? Any suggestions for me to get my dancing skill better quick? xxxx
    No it will not.
    You need to go to the gym for that and to diet.
    In fact belly dancers develop the muscles around the belly. You may get definition around the waist. Belly dancers come in all shapes and sizes ..they may have a slender gym fit body like Ava Fleming or may be curvier like many Egyptian dancers. The beauty of this dance is that both shapes can look great doing the dance.
    There is no quick way to get skilled...Dedication, practise,financial investment in lessons and workshops and presentation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mslulu89 View Post
    I'm just wondering if bellydancing helps me to have a flat belly?
    It will make it stronger and build muscle, but getting a flat belly requires cardio (which your getting some of from bd) and a healthy diet.

I personally think diet is most important. You can do lots of cardio, but if your eating thousands of calories worth of pizza, doughnuts and chips every day, your not going to have a flat stomach (unless your a professional athelete who is burning a mass amount of calories each day).