Started Real Classes!

PoleDanceABCs

:dance: I'm so excited because I am finally taking belly dance courses. No more DVDs for me! :lol:

I'm taking the basic beginner course with Chryssanthi Sahar in Heidelberg, Germany. She is super friendly, open, and really knowledgeable. I'm also taking the Tribal Fusion class that is taught by her daughter, Lydia Salome, who also has a really great vibe. If anyone lives in Germany and is close to HD I say go with Studio Kinisis.

The classes have a good set up too. A nice warm up, basic moves & techniques that will eventually lead into dances/choreography, and classes are small enough to get personal time with the teacher. I have to say I am glad I have a strong core and a flexible body from my pole dancing... totally helps with the stretches and movements we do. Not to say that belly dance is easy but the two dances actually really compliment each other in terms of the strength & stretch workouts you get out of them.

So I just wanted to thank you guys since I got the recommendation from this forum to go with Chryssanthi. I look forward to dancing in her class shows in a couple of years. Wish me luck. hehehe

Maria_Aya

Chryssanthi is a great teacher with deep knowledge of the Oriental Art !
Also Lydia the same !
Enjoy, learn and dance :)

Belly Love

Yay!

I can't wait to start my first class... I was too far behind to start the fall session so I have to wait :( I'm itching to get started, sick of videos, I need a live instructor!

LadyLoba

That is wonderful!!!

I'm not in love with going "all video" for instruction either...I'm just doing it because right now it's DVDs or absolutely nothing for me....but real classes....good for you! And from the comments from some of the people who really know the dance, it sounds like you got good teachers too!

Farasha Hanem

That is wonderful!!!

I'm not in love with going "all video" for instruction either...I'm just doing it because right now it's DVDs or absolutely nothing for me....but real classes....good for you! And from the comments from some of the people who really know the dance, it sounds like you got good teachers too!

Been there, did that for about 6 or 7 years before a class was available in our area. Hopefully, a good teacher will move to your area soon. *hugs*

PoleDanceABCs

I'm not in love with going "all video" for instruction either...I'm just doing it because right now it's DVDs or absolutely nothing for me.
Yeah I hear ya... it was like that for me too. Now that I'm in Germany I have many more options. Plus I had to get the $$$ hahah