Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gisela View Post
    I don't agree with the statement and I always loathe sayings like that about women. I always protest when people say that a bunch of women talking or discussing sounds like a hen house etc etc. It is such a "put down" of serious discussion. I feel it just serves to keep holding women down and reducing us to blabbering jealous biatches.
    I usually don't have problems with people and if I do it is because of their personality or opinions and not because of gender.
    In my experience there are just as much insecurity and territorial behaviour in men as in women.
    I have been surrounded by women most of my life as I have chosen two very women-filled occupations and I am not suffering. For me it just comes down to personality and not gender.
    Gisela, I am glad you have had such wonderful experiences. But in mine, I have found from time to time women who have been monsters. I will agree with you on one thing - men can be just as bad.

Post Thanks / Like

A woman's worst enemy is her own self! Nothign could ever trash talk us down and hurt us like we do to ourselves.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. Beginning dancer. Knows nothing.
    2. Intermediate dancer. Knows everything. Too good to dance with beginners.
    3. Hotshot dancer. Too good to dance with anyone.
    4. Advanced dancer. Dances everything. Especially with beginners
    ~ Attributed to Dick Crum, a folk dance teacher ~

Post Thanks / Like

People just express themselves differently. Some women can be more indirect and snipe from dark corners while I know more men who are inclined to march up and bellow - but equally I have had some men snipe and some women roar. There is no doubt though that women have more influence from hormonal changes so our moods are more likely to fluctuate than men, and this has recently been confirmed in fMRI studies where it's found that women have to work harder to down regulate emotional changes. But in the end we are more similar to men than not, and feeling hurt by someone hurts both men and women equally.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cheart View Post
    A woman's worst enemy is her own self! Nothign could ever trash talk us down and hurt us like we do to ourselves.
    This is about the truest statement I've ever read.

However, I'm one of those women that... if a person slights me, I'm cool. They can take swipes all they want. If they slight those I love dearly, then there's no place far enough that they can run to fast enough to hide from me. And I don't scream and yell or slap... I'm gonna belt the offending party in the mouth and keep going till they can't move. Male, female... doesn't matter to me.

If someone gets catty/nasty/snarky with me, I'm not fussed. But you let someone do/say something to one of my children/husband/close friends and family to hurt them. Heaven help their poor souls...

Post Thanks / Like

True, but dealing with repeatedly malicious women can be quite difficult... I've dealt with women who made me feel like I was in a true life episode of "Days of our Lives" topped with a generous serving of "Single White Female".

Post Thanks / Like

So true!

On the initial statement; I wasn`t talking about all the women, let me be very clear about that. I also want to say that I don`t find such behaviour very 'feminine'. Offcourse men can be bastards too and severe ones at that, imo women do have a little different tendency to act. Just look at a fight between two male friends, they give eachother a couple of deadbeat punches, somebody gives in and the fight is over. You could see the same gyus drinking a beer the next day. Women(ok, not all again, but a lot) tend to pull eachothers hair, slap around and hold a grutch for eternity.
    I actually started thinking about this statement beause I was talking to a Syrian friend of mine how gets pressured in choosing a particular guy. Her mom and sisters are the ones putting on the most pressure and imo, in a mean way.

As for the stealing people part, I understand you cannot steal a person. I couldn`t come up with a better word, but bellylove puts it right with 'manipulating someone'. Have some patience with my english please!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree on stealing someone. A person can be stolen only when they want to be stolen. I doubt there are any guns put to the stolen person's head. But it's the enablers that I have a real issue with.

And for as many bad women out there, there are an incredible number of good ones. Cheart does make a great point-it all begins with ourselves in restraining our own inner beyatch.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Men and women are so equal

concerning their behaviour to other men and to other women, that when i read or hear statements like the one in this thread (a woman's worst enemy is another women), while no such statements exist for men, for which all praise an idea of "men's solidarity", while it does not exist as such, i think that this is one more case for cultivating anti-solidary feelings among women.

If we believe that other women are our enemies, then we are afraid of them, and we will never have true friendships with them, and then, guess what?

we, women, are alone in a patriarchal world. This is not a coincidence...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belly Love View Post
    What is that supposed to mean?
    "Be afraid, be very afraid" is a quote from the movie The Blob. It's often used in a funny way for a quote

Quote Originally Posted by gisela View Post
    Now that I read the OP again I must also say that I don't agree that one can steal someone's man or woman. I've never believed that. If someone can "steal" a person then probably it wasn't truly "yours" to start with.
    True. I also find it weird when women blame the 'other' woman for 'stealing their man', isn't the man in question the culprit? The 'other' woman might never have known he 'belonged' to someone else.
    Last edited by Amulya; 11-06-2010 at 03:44 AM. Reason: adding more

Post Thanks / Like

A womans worst enemy is another woman.
    My opinion of the original statement is best expressed by a common but vulgar phrase that refers to the end result of feeding hay to horses.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast