A womans worst enemy

Rania

Ya, you know what really chills my bones. Is when some jerk, abusive man starts problems with me and other females jump on his band wagon. sheeesh, but ya we should stick together like glue, otherwise, someone ends up ALONE, the catty one or the victim.

Last edited:

Greek Bonfire

Ya, you know what really chills my bones. Is when some jerk, abusive man starts problems with me and other females jump on his band wagon. sheeesh, but ya we should stick together like glue, otherwise, someone ends up ALONE, the catty one or the victim.

Rania, until those women GROW UP, they think that by taking a man's side, that he is going to "reward" them with his "favor." Boy, are they ever in for a surprise. You should be commended for standing up to this male bully. I know you may be standing alone, but stay by your convictions.

What silly women...:rolleyes:

Erik

I must regretfully agree with the original statement. In armies there is a saying: The best weapon for destroying a tank is another tank. By the same token, a woman's worst enemy is another woman. Female solidarity is a myth. I have seen them claw at each other, sabotage each other, destroy each other. I hate to see it, but I have learned better than to get between them when it is happening, lest they both turn on me.

goddessyasaman

The opening statement can be true, most of my life woman seemed to be my enemy, not on my part though, They just did not get along with me because of the way I believe at least the ones I had talked to, growning up All my friends were men and still are for the most part I have a few female friends now, Yet It never really bothered me I got along with the guys I had always been a tomboy that dressed very girly some would say :D.

Yes that statment can be true, not the steal someone away one :) No one can steal a Man from me thats what I say :cool: so I don't believe in that one, But I have seen woman that are like that.

Rania

Rania, until those women GROW UP, they think that by taking a man's side, that he is going to "reward" them with his "favor." Boy, are they ever in for a surprise.What silly women...:rolleyes:

I about died laughing when i read this. So true though...Ya they are in for a surprise because hes just playin them out, for his own ego. oh boy..haha, when will girls like them ever learn.

Erik

A man may be the catalyst, but not necessarily. I've observed women backstabbing each other for power, prestige, promotion, money, jealousy, and revenge. And in a disgusting imitation of men I've seen a few competing for the title of "Alpha Female."

Once I thought that belly dancing would be free of all that; a tight-knit community of dance sisters (and a few brothers, primarily male dancers and musicians), but forums like this one were disillusioning. A year or two ago I read about a belly dance teacher who moved into another's territory and offered free classes. I cannot help wondering why she would do this except to steal a rival's students and hurt her business. Altruism? Nah. I'm just too old and cynical to believe that.

Rania

A man may be the catalyst, but not necessarily. I've observed women backstabbing each other for power, prestige, promotion, money, jealousy, and revenge. And in a disgusting imitation of men I've seen a few competing for the title of "Alpha Female."

Once I thought that belly dancing would be free of all that; a tight-knit community of dance sisters (and a few brothers, primarily male dancers and musicians), but forums like this one were disillusioning. A year or two ago I read about a belly dance teacher who moved into another's territory and offered free classes. I cannot help wondering why she would do this except to steal a rival's students and hurt her business. Altruism? Nah. I'm just too old and cynical to believe that.

of course, women will steel, lie, bash, etc as well for what ever it is they want, ots sad and i know it from experience!:confused:

Erik

of course, women will steel, lie, bash, etc as well for what ever it is they want, ots sad and i know it from experience!:confused:

Thanks, Rania. After posting on this I wondered if it was a bad idea, and I predicted that someone might scold me for it. When I noticed that you had replied I feared that was the case.

Maybe from men it's probably expected that they should compete and do wrong to each other, but with women it happens less freqently and is therefore more shocking and surprising.

The incidents that are most sad to me are when two women are best friends until something goes wrong with the friendship, and then one or both of them will throw away all the rules of fairplay in an effort to ruin the other. Very sad indeed. :(

Imeera

I don't know if anyone has said this, but the importance to "A woman's worst enemy is another woman" quote is biology; behaviour, survival ect. Plain and simple. For example lionesses suckle other lionesses' cubs, this is very odd in the animal kingdom, but it is done because it frees other females to to other things like hunting. However, though this would probably never happen, if a lioness killed the cubs she would be killed herself by other lions to protect the survival pride. Humans are no different, we just apply this (a little less extream in most cases) to things like gigs, however stealing men is no different to our non-human animal counterparts :lol: My point being, technically women will do things like this to better themselves. However being fine in non-human animals, it is not fine in humans. Because we have things like honor, nobility, equality and fairness. However, humans will always give in to our instincts whether we know it or not. I am sure all of you would defend your loved ones like a lioness and if pushed you would all show competitive survival at times even in a belly dance competition, though as humans, in a fair manner of course. Also a point must be made that a woman is an indervidual and will compete for the same general things as men, however because women compete for more common things then men I would say the quote is true.

Sara

I think that it is possible to find great males and females. Until recently I did not think I would find a female friend who I could truly get on with. Girls do not seem to like me at all. I don't even have to try to talk to them before they call me all the names under the sun behind my back etc. As such I've always found girls a bit scary and two faced. Probably because of the environment I was in (uni) and having a lot of VERY bad experiences. One girl who I thought was my best friend for three years it turned out, had treated me worse than you would an actual 'enemy'. When I started working at the bar, one of the girls there said to me something along the lines of ' I used to hate you because you're stunning and I just assumed you'd be a right bitch, but actually you're really shy and cute. I like you now' :rolleyes:

I think women have a tendancy to make other women their enemies because of insecurities or fear. (Unless in a situation when a women generally is just an absolute cow). I know if I see a pretty girl I tend to be a bit cynical of her, but I think that it is just my insecurities which make me feel this way. I see her as a threat perhaps?

Having met a new girl friend George :)lol: who is awesome) I have realised that I can get on with other females and had simply surrounded myself with the wrong ones. So while women can be other womens worst enemies I have found that it is only if you a) let them be you worst enemy or b) are around the wrong people or c) if you're having an insecure moment. :(

khanjar

When are people going to realise men, women, they are the same, they are humans, the obvious differences are only part of the need for our species to propogate, that being that everyone male or female is capable of the very same characteristics, we can all be nice or nasty, secure or insecure, but what one has to remember is there is another aspect in humanity that seems to affect some people, that being the need to compete and with that all manner of nasties come out.

Now the problem that we have world wide and throughout history, is societal programming, this notion that came from where (?) that each of the genders are to do or be what in other people's eyes, something which quite often goes against the personal grain, why I ask, why are we expected to Kowtow to some unwritten rules to exist.

Women are expected to be demure, beautiful and feeble the prey of the sweaty muscled lustful male, the male is expected to be akin to the hairy hunter or dashing knight in armour competitive muscled and a winner in everything he does to catch the eye of the beautiful maiden as in the fairy tales, but is that just fairy tales for a reason, an ideal that can be perhaps aspired to, a goal that can never be reached, for we are only human, not some romantic dream of those that seek oppression or misogeny.

But in the West females have been largely accepted as equal to males in everything we do, but there is aproblem in that, one can either be part of the crowd or seperate from it, one cannot have it both ways, that being women and men should not expect defferential treatment because they are the gender they are and at the same time wish to be part of the crowd, as all that does is cause confusion in humanity.

Greek Bonfire

Here's a quote I found today (tongue in cheek):

"Misogynist: A man who hates women as much as women hate one another.
H. L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)"

Sadly, I see a lot of this on many, many levels. We really do need our sisters. :(

Amulya

Maybe a woman's worst enemy is herself? People themselves are often the ones who put them down the worst...

Sara

True. I would say I am my own worst enemy! Lol. In fact, at the moment isn't there a song out or something which is talking about it? :think:

babybow

To tell you the truth I sometimes want different treatment from men, I don't want to be treated like another men. Did you see how they treat each other? The army is based on that. It's all about rank, etc. I don't want to live like that!
And yeah on the original topic...I always have other girls bully me :( I'd rather have male friends sometimes....even much younger women bully me!

Erik

And yeah on the original topic...I always have other girls bully me :( I'd rather have male friends sometimes....even much younger women bully me!

babybow, not to brag but I've unwrapped a few bullies in my time and have invariably found a coward underneath. They bully others to cover their own fear. People who are really tough have no need to do that. I've come to expect it from the male of the species as I have been dealing with it since I was at least six years old, but after all these years it still bothers me to see a female who is out to prove that she can be a bully too.

You mentioned the army....I've heard that there is a chain of command among army wives, and a lieutenant's wife can easily bully a sergeant's wife if she wants to. A captain's wife can bully a lieutenant's wife. A major's wife can bully a captain's wife. A colonel's wife can bully a major's wife. And of course a general's wife can bully them all.

babybow

babybow, not to brag but I've unwrapped a few bullies in my time and have invariably found a coward underneath. They bully others to cover their own fear. People who are really tough have no need to do that. I've come to expect it from the male of the species as I have been dealing with it since I was at least six years old, but after all these years it still bothers me to see a female who is out to prove that she can be a bully too.

You mentioned the army....I've heard that there is a chain of command among army wives, and a lieutenant's wife can easily bully a sergeant's wife if she wants to. A captain's wife can bully a lieutenant's wife. A major's wife can bully the captain's wife. A colonel's wife can bully a major's wife. And of course a general's wife can bully them all.
That's interesting about the army...sounds awful D: I personally and very happily escaped the army as my parents moved out of Israel when I was twelve-ish.

Erik

That's interesting about the army...sounds awful D: I personally and very happily escaped the army as my parents moved out of Israel when I was twelve-ish.

Aw, you might not have liked it, but I think you could have handled it. The Israeli Army is unbeatable, but I've heard that it is the only army in the world which allows mothers to visit their children who are in basic training.:D

They weren't drafting anymore when I came of age. I was too young for Vietnam and too old for the Gulf War, so I never had to go through any of that military nonsense either, and no regrets.