Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 95
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    317
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default A womans worst enemy

    is another woman.

    Whats your opinion on this statement?

    I believe it has a lot of truth in it and find it such a shame. We already have enough to deal with, why make it more difficult for eachother? I`m thinking of those who gossip, steal men, steal gigs etc.

    I heard two stories last night of the most sweet girl who got several students stolen from her by a former student of hers. Another girl dropped a cup of coffee on her maidenwhite costume and just giggled about it( )

    Ow also those girls who are just not behaving but think that by being a women they can get away. The eyelash flashers, those girls who deceit men...
    Last edited by Nejmeh; 11-04-2010 at 10:16 AM. Reason: add

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    710
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Wow, what a question... I think it depends on the woman. I know some women who rarely have issues with other women and I know women who always have issues with other women.

    I think it has a lot to do with women being insecure and feeling threatened. Often times I find that women I know who have other women gossip about them, say mean things, are catty, etc. are women who are very attractive or have things going for them in their lives that the women who are hating on them are jealous of.

    Insecure women have a hard time celebrating other women's "positives" whether it be job status, wealth, a great husband, physical beauty, style, accomplishments, etc. Imo, most often it's physical beauty.

    Insecure women think these things in other women have something to do with them, making them think that they're "lacking", therefore giving them the desire to "bring them down" to make themselves feel better. It's sad and pathetic. I even see it on this forum- in little things that other's may not notice, but are obvious to me. (Maybe it has something to do with constantly being surrounded by women- I pick up on these things easily.)

  3. #3
    Super Moderator gisela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,624
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't agree with the statement and I always loathe sayings like that about women. I always protest when people say that a bunch of women talking or discussing sounds like a hen house etc etc. It is such a "put down" of serious discussion. I feel it just serves to keep holding women down and reducing us to blabbering jealous biatches.
    I usually don't have problems with people and if I do it is because of their personality or opinions and not because of gender.
    In my experience there are just as much insecurity and territorial behaviour in men as in women.
    I have been surrounded by women most of my life as I have chosen two very women-filled occupations and I am not suffering. For me it just comes down to personality and not gender.
    Last edited by gisela; 11-04-2010 at 02:07 PM.

  4. #4
    V.I.P. Greek Bonfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chitown, USA
    Posts
    2,200
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Love View Post
    Wow, what a question... I think it depends on the woman. I know some women who rarely have issues with other women and I know women who always have issues with other women.

    I think it has a lot to do with women being insecure and feeling threatened. Often times I find that women I know who have other women gossip about them, say mean things, are catty, etc. are women who are very attractive or have things going for them in their lives that the women who are hating on them are jealous of.

    Insecure women have a hard time celebrating other women's "positives" whether it be job status, wealth, a great husband, physical beauty, style, accomplishments, etc. Imo, most often it's physical beauty.

    Insecure women think these things in other women have something to do with them, making them think that they're "lacking", therefore giving them the desire to "bring them down" to make themselves feel better. It's sad and pathetic. I even see it on this forum- in little things that other's may not notice, but are obvious to me. (Maybe it has something to do with constantly being surrounded by women- I pick up on these things easily.)
    EXACTLY. Be afraid - be very afraid.

  5. #5
    Moderator Zorba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Merritt Island, Fl.
    Posts
    2,541
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Males are the same damn way. I've said for years that the only thing standing in the way of "Men's Lib" is other MEN! Like I care...

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    710
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greek Bonfire View Post
    EXACTLY. Be afraid - be very afraid.
    What is that supposed to mean?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    710
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gisela View Post
    I don't agree with the statement and I always loathe sayings like that about women. I always protest when people say that a bunch of women talking or discussing sounds like a hen house etc etc. It is such a "put down" of serious discussion. I feel it just serves to keep holding women down and reducing us to blabbering jealous biatches.
    I usually don't have problems with people and if I do it is because of their personality or opinions and not because of gender.
    In my experience there are just as much insecurity and territorial behaviour in men as in women.
    I have been surrounded by women most of my life as I have chosen two very women-filled occupations and I am not suffering. For me it just comes down to personality and not gender.
    Are you referring to my statement? If so, I wasn't talking about serious discussions, I was talking about cattiness among women and purposefully being mean. I was responding specifically to the types of things that were originally posted.

  8. #8
    Super Moderator gisela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,624
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Love View Post
    Are you referring to my statement? If so, I wasn't talking about serious discussions, I was talking about cattiness among women and purposefully being mean. I was responding specifically to the types of things that were originally posted.
    No, I was referring to Nejmeh's original post and the statement "A womans worst enemy is another woman", and then I was making a mind jump to other statements about women.

    Now that I read the OP again I must also say that I don't agree that one can steal someone's man or woman. I've never believed that. If someone can "steal" a person then probably it wasn't truly "yours" to start with.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    710
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gisela View Post
    No, I was referring to Nejmeh's original post and the statement "A womans worst enemy is another woman", and then I was making a mind jump to other statements about women.

    Now that I read the OP again I must also say that I don't agree that one can steal someone's man or woman. I've never believed that. If someone can "steal" a person then probably it wasn't truly "yours" to start with.
    Gotcha. I agree with your stealing statement btw. People can definitely manipulate and take advantage of, but no one can steal a person away from another. When I hear this statement, I always think of the word "steal" as a lose term. I think of it more as someone who preys on another person even though they know they are in another relationship.

  10. #10
    V.I.P. Greek Bonfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chitown, USA
    Posts
    2,200
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Love View Post
    What is that supposed to mean?
    Belly Love, it means I agree with you exactly. And when women get this nasty they can do some terrible things. We just had an incident here in Chitown where two women threw acid into another woman's face over some guy or another. They both got over 40 years in prison but the victim herself is destroyed. Likewise, in many communities, including dance, other women have had their costumes ripped up or destroyed, their stage makeup and the music tampered with, etc.

Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •