Came across this error today

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
I was searching new post and when I clicked on the 4th page or farther I got this error. It seems that it will only let you search back new posts to the 3rd page. This hasn't happened to me before.

Database Error
The database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:

* Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
* Open the www.bellydanceforums.net home page, then try to open another page.
* Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.bellydanceforums.net forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

edit: and apparently it is gone now....I think the site just is trying to make me nuts today.

Last edited:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
That's OK, it is the internet gremlins, they like to test us every now & then;)

Glad things are behaving again!
~Mosaic

PracticalDancer

FWIW, I have been getting this error 30-40% of the time that I hit the site, even to the point that I have lost a few posts. (In one case, that may have been a good thing.)

Is anyone else getting the error? Had it 3 times today already.

seona

Same! Today and yesterday. Yesterday it was logging me out when I tried to post. I just had to log in again to reply. And just now I clicked back from a post and it came up database error. I was getting database error all yesterday also, and when I get to the home page it's a mess where recent post's are listed. At one point yesterday I couldn't get on here at all. I wasn't sure if it was my computer as I've had probs with it and plus I have no clue about computers!

to add - just did it again when I posted this! Had to log in again to reply! Not a prob but think somethings up!

Last edited:

Greek Bonfire

Me too - it's been happening for three days now. I just figured it was my computer. But I think Mosaic hit the name on the head - it's the gremlins because now they want their own calendar!

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
It has been going on for a while now and I do belive Salome is aware of it. The possible only solution would be to transfer to a new host server again.

Salome

Administrator
The problem I believe is that there are more database connection requests than allowed by my host. I will be resolving this issue this month. It's a huge undertaking as everything has to be moved to a new server. The forum has to be closed durning this time etc. But it will happen this month and when that is done we should not experience any issues like this.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Sorry to hear you will have to do a server move, I know it is a huge undertaking. We will just have to suck it up and be patient while off line LOL! At least we have the FB page to keep in touch.
~Mosaic