Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Chat for this site

It would be wonderfull, if this site had a live chat! What do think?

Post Thanks / Like

We did have live chat, that was some years ago now. We had our reasons for dumping it but I might be open to considering it if enough people want to IM here.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like it, too.

Post Thanks / Like

Omg I remember the live chat!

I don't think people used it a lot though, did they Salome? I could be wrong. There weren't as many Brits back then and the US and UK are pretty off in terms of timezones...

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that was in, I'm gonna say 2006 or so. We definately didn't have as many members then, so the traffic on chat was not as heavy as it might be now.

Post Thanks / Like

Salome, if you're trying to see how many people would be interested in a chat room....I would love to chat here. I've tried chatting online before and didn't like it because most chat environments aren't the greatest. When I tried general "clean" chats for people over 18...all I ever got were people I didn't even know sending me a bunch of random requests for explicit talk....and this was after I registered my nickname with a note that said "clean chat ONLY" And when I tried chats for serious issues all I did was stumble into a hand full of "cyberspace cliques".....five to fifteen people who behaved as though it were their private room, when it was not. This site isn't at all "cliquish"....and its very well moderated...so Im sure a chat here would be great!
    Last edited by LadyLoba; 11-12-2010 at 07:23 PM. Reason: computer got stuck

Post Thanks / Like

The thing about chat is that we can have rules but there is not a way to moderate in real time. People are on their honour to follow the guidelines. There were some conflicts that played out when we had chat... that then carried over to the forum. We just decided it wasn't worth the drama and grief. But let's see, if enough people want that feature, maybe we can try it again.

Post Thanks / Like

I see.....I can certainly understand that. I hate getting into fights in general, and I've left web sites over forum and chat room fights. That's why I sort of unofficially requested that my thread about my self designed study plan be closed........I'm not a moderator or an administrator so people can disregard my hint and post all they want....but I'm not going to add to it anymore or read it anymore, because it feels like it might be turning in the argument direction....and I don't want to get into arguments on here or start arguments between other people on here.

Chats are really hard to moderate.....I think that's why most of the ones I found fell into the gutter so fast...the moderators couldnt be there to moderate all the time so they just gave it up...I still hope for one on here...but I understand if it's too much to moderate.

Though I do promise to behave

Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure that I'd use a chat room, I tend to avoid them, as you can get caught up for hours chatting. I have the facebook one set so I am offline and yahoo messenger is always set so I am invisible to everyone, but I can see if anyone comes on so I can chat if I wanted too. I tend to use chat programs only when I am travelling to keep in touch with family & a couple of friends when away. Also there are the difficulties of moderating chats. Imagine spammers joining up and suddenly spamming a chat room basically a mod would have to be available to mod chat rooms as conversations are going on. Could be a bit of a nightmare.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

It would be nice if we could have a chat room, but maybe just for regular users so it's a bit more safe? I think Bhuz had one for a while as well, but it was always empty. You would have to set up times to meet there, otherwise you can keep waiting!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast