Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1014151617181920
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone is entitled to an opinion on a dancer no matter if its good or bad. As long as its done with tact, i see no problem in a person handing a bit of criticism out.

However people should abstain from using word such as shes a whore, a joke, stupid, ugly etc.

I see no problem with comments that state she needs to work on the shimmy, I dont care for the style of costumes shes chooses etc.
    Last edited by Rania; 01-25-2012 at 02:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I really hate to see in bellydancers is when you can tell that they are trying too hard to be sexy. That is the one thing that I just can't stand.

Other things I can forgive... I mean obviously people get into bellydancing because they think it's amazing and beautiful, but not everyone is a natural performer. I believe that people are just doing their best, so I don't judge them too harshly.
    When it comes to professional dancers, however, I like a dancer that can hold my attention. One that moves with the music so well that it almost seems as if the music is being created by his/her body. Dancers that I just can't take my eyes off of. There have been a lot of professional bellydancers who have utterly failed me in this, and there are some that it really depends on a performance-by-performance basis for me.
    Last edited by xfiendfyre; 01-26-2012 at 02:07 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

and sometimes you find un-named jewels that are incredible but aren't household names

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Rania. There is a HUGE difference between saying "Dancer x needs to work on this or that" or "I'm just not a big fan of that famous Dancer, y." and slamming somebody just to be slamming somebody or being cruel.

The more I study belly dance...the more I find dancers I love...and dancers I don't like..and when I find a dancer I just don't care for...I turn off the video and go watch something else I like better....though if it's a dancer I just don't find enjoyable...but I can tell she has great skill in some area...I sometimes watch a little bit just to learn more.