Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

At least you were doing something impressive! I'm the type of girl who just might trip over my own foot and hit my head. I did gymnastics when I was REALLY little...in the fourth or fifth grade I think...and I only took lessons because I went to a little country school with 5 or 6 kids, and when the Principal (who was a former gymnast or trainer or something) traveled to the school she offered us all free lessons just because we had no Phys Ed program and no other activities...and she kind of felt sorry for us. I was kind of terrible at it and I quit as soon as the free teacher got transferred....never even thought to ask my parents for more lessons. By high school and college I was terrible at pretty much everything physical....still pretty clumsy a lot of the time...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLoba View Post
    At least you were doing something impressive!
    Haha, not really so impressive. It's very, veeery slow and done mostly for the stretch I get out of it. If I could do it faster and in the dance, it might be, but for now it's not up to par. It is one heck of a stretch though.

You know, I used to be really clumsy. I started meditating, using a technique rediscovered by Buddha called vipassana.

Vipassana Meditation Website (This website gives information on that meditation form)

After a while, I noticed that I had become more conscientious of what I was doing at any given time. With vipassana you meditate without tuning the world out - you note simply with the mind what happens around you, and then let it go. Eventually, you're able to keep this state of mental notation constant. It really helped me. Might not work for you. Everybody's different.
    Last edited by Elfie; 11-23-2010 at 02:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Elfie View Post
    Anyhow, I was circling, having fun and suddenly, as my hips came forward, WHACK! I slammed my darned head onto the frigging floor! I nearly knocked myself out.
    Thanks for the laugh! That is so not what I was expecting to read next. It's so funny not only because it caught me off guard but because that sounds like something I would do. Congrats on adding the shimmy 8 to your arsenal of dance moves!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123