Please help me about belly dance class in Egypt

sgbd96

Please help me about belly dance class in Egypt

Hi everybody, I am Nancy from Vietnam.

I am going to come to Egypt next month, in December to learn belly dance. This is my first trip to Egypt. Could anybody tell me something about belly dance courses in Egypt? Which studio is the best? Who are good instructors in folk music? What should I wear in performance of belly dance? How about the tuition?

Where can I buy custome for belly dance performance?

And I want to learn tabla drum, what should I do?

If you have something to share with, please send your advices to piczun0602@gmail.com

Thankyou very much!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Last edited:

Outi

All the teacher here teach private classes. The fee is 150-600 le / person / hour depending of the teacher. That's about 27-110 US dollars. You just have to find one that is in your budget and at the same time is right teacher for you.

You can wear anything. Just take some comfortable training clothes with you. Don't carry too much as you'll need all the space for the other stuff you're bringing back home.

What you mean by instructions in folklore music? To dance different Egyptian folklore styles? If that's so - I'm the one you should come to. In any case I'm a good teacher for any level.

Any way as you come to Egypt it would be great to try and see several teachers. It just depends how long you'll stay in Cairo, how many teachers you can "try". My advice is that in first week you should try two teachers and take more classes on the one you find better suited to you. Later try somebody else and continue with the one you think is better. That way you'll see several teachers and their style. Later you'll already have idea of these teachers. At the same time you'll see different ways of dancing and moving and you'll see the feeling of the dance with several teachers and you can learn from that. How many teachers and how many classes you can take just depends of the lenght of your trip and your budget.

If you have any questions feel free to email me:
outi@outiofcairo.com

Eshta

If it's your first time to Egypt, you may want to consider taking part in one of the big belly dance festivals, like the Nile Group or Ahlan Wa Sahlan. In December, I believe Ahlan Wa Sahlan is running (google Raqia Hassan).

Cairo is quite a mad place if you haven't been there before, going to one of the festivals means you get a great selection of teachers, performers and costume sellers coming to YOUR hotel. Without you needing to navigate around Cairo by yourself. And you will certainly meet the festival veterans while you are there who know Cairo well and can give you good advice and maybe go with you when you want to explore further.

bellyshake

dear their is a lot of bellydance teacher in cairo it is depend in what level u need and how much u want to spend bec it have lot of varity i can give u some names and number if u want i have bellydance store in egypt so if u need any help just email me bellyshake@gmail.com and u can wear anything confortable with u but if u want to learn certain dance like alex dance or sword ... etc u should have the outfit of this dance so u can get the training with it to be more easy when u return home