Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Favorite instructional video

I know we had a thread like this once upon a time but I always felt it was useful so I figured we should resurrect it....
    What is your favorite instructional DVD/video? What makes it your favorite? I am still a student so any input you give is extremely welcome!

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Heartbeat of Belly Dance with Jenna and Roqui. The breakdown of rhythms and explanations of the same offered by Roqui are very interesting indeed. That girl can come drum at my haflas any time!
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

I really love the instructional videos by Jillina. I love how the video is set up, with a warm up and then she shows you the moves she will be using later on in the video, then there is a section where the moves are put together into combinations, and then after that you get to some actual choreography and then my favourite part is seeing her dance the choreography you just learned at a performance.

Post Thanks / Like

Inanna - I agree with you....Jillina's performance at the end of the "Instructional Bellydance with Jillina - level 2" is especially good - definately one of my favourites.

Post Thanks / Like

I have many favourites :-)

Mesmera's Garden, Keti's A-Z 1 & 2 and her new Astrobelly, Shamira's Pure Technique, Aziza's veil, Hadia...... just naming a few

Post Thanks / Like

Hossam & Serena Ramzy
    Visual Melodies
    Just love this DVD

Maria Aya

Post Thanks / Like

you guys are great... thanks for your input!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Michelle,

I love the dvd series by Hadia-she is a fabulous instructor and
    a beautiful dancer.

The other series I love is by Veda Sereen. She has instructional
    videos/dvds for sword, cane, etc. Well done.

Good luck on your dance journey!

Post Thanks / Like

Right now the two I am using for at home practice are Aziza's Ultimate Bellydance Practice Companion and Rachel Brice's Tribal Fusion Belly Dance. I try to alternate back and forth and do one video a day.
    The Aziza one is a great workout and very much like re-taking part of the workshop I attended that she taught. I'm not certain I would recomend it for a baby dancer, but an fairly advanced beginner on up would probably enjoy it. Her personality comes through very strongly on the video and I find myself giggling and grinning as I workout.
    The Rachel Brice one I recomend to my beginning students when they are looking for a video to do at home. It has 15, 30, and 45 minute practice options as well as the ability to turn off the verbal instruction if you so choose. I like that it is very easy to see what she is moving when due to her physical build. I had originally bought it mainly for the yoga warmups and cool downs and ended up really feeling like I got a lot more than I had expected.

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm finding it really difficult to find a really good DVD which suits what I want. I have Jillina, Rachel Brice, and a few others, but none of them really work on what I want.

I'm still shopping for something quite intensive or full of flavour. OUt of the ones I have though, I like watching Jillina's performance too at the end of Level two.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast