Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm diggin' Aziza's drill DVD. Very well done.

Post Thanks / Like
    good choice sara

Post Thanks / Like

My recent favourite has been the Art of the Drum Solo with Sonia and Issam.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dvd preferences?

Hi Slinks - Your library is really interesting! I am at a point of wanting to find a few really outstanding DVD's if possible, to be able to guide my practicing and supplement classes. From the many dozens out there, it would be nice to try to pick the best in a few categories -- Would you be able to comment at all - On the choreography dvd's for example (I have Jilina 1 + 2 and find them very helful -- I like to think though that there are more or others that are really great) of those you list, the one that I have thought most of getting is Keti's Jewel of Arabia - But I can't find anywhere the title of the song/singer/composer of the music she uses so I can assess whether it is the type of music etc I would like. (Also to advertise the DVD I would think it is essential to tell what song you are using...among other things you know if it's fast, slow, what style, etc) -- Do you happen to know?

Also - of those listed that you have from IAMED, and for Technique, is/are there one or a few really outstanding among the several you have, or have seen? (For me I find it is the one in my small collection I reach for more often than any others that tells me it is really worth having) -- Is there one or a few that you might call 'must haves'?

Also, for performance DVD's is there one that is outstanding? Reading reviews, I seem to see downsides to nearly all of them (prod. quality, etc) -- I realize it depends on what style you want to see, but I just want to see excellent dance - something new or innovative, or just quality above the norm to refer to for inspiration, if you had to choose just one or a few to have --

Anyway, Slinks, if you or any of you, have a short list - say one instructional that blows all the others away; one choreography, technique, etc -- I'd be curious -- (Some I have bought with such high hopes only to really wonder how they ever got glowing reviews...) I believe Shira, etc but it really helps to get input on these -- (and new ones coming out all the time, too) -- Best regards! Ludy

Quote Originally Posted by slinks View Post
    Okay, I'll join in here, lol, though you may get get bored after the first paragraph !!!

IAMED
    Aziza's, veil
    Anaheeds', Classic Caberet Floorwork
    Ansuya's, Lavish Layers
    Ansuya's, Hot Combinations
    Leyla's, 21 Shimmie's

Choreograghies
    Jillina's, 1, 2 & 3
    Shamira's, drum Solo's 1 & 2
    Shamira's, Zill workshop
    Keti's, Jewel of Arabia
    Hadia's, 4 DVD Ultimate
    Rania's, Modern Egyptian

Techniquie
    Keti's, A-Z 1 & 2
    Keti's, new Astrobelly
    Shamira's Sensuous workout 1 & 2
    Sonia and Issam, The Art of the Drum Solo
    Mesmera's, Garden
    Amira Mor's, Soul Mate
    Alexandra King's 1 2 & 3

These are all my instructionals, I also have a list of performances and Bellyrobics, I'm fanatical about that.... I'm a DVD buying addict that needs help !! I've slowed down alot.... these have been collected over an 8 year period....

Post Thanks / Like

---
    Last edited by MichelleD; 09-24-2007 at 11:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVD's -- more

MichelleD - thanks for comments. Any input really helps to sort out what is best, what is worth purchasing. Doesn't someone have one or more DVD's they love to pieces to recommend (for instructional, performance, etc -- any style - just good quality dance and camera work) -- TGIF - Ludy

Post Thanks / Like

Default aw

wow michelle my first was jaqueline chapman!!she is lovely to speak to,bless her!!
    veena and neena,oh yes,I love them,so natural.

I love fatchance bellydance too!

arent we fortunate that there are all these dvd's for us to learn with.

hugs

miss shimmy
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

i really love Jillina's videos!!!!
    :-)

Post Thanks / Like

I've ordered something new to my library - instructional "Veil with Aziza" and Hossam and Serena "Visual melodies" (perfomances)
    Still waiting them

Post Thanks / Like

Veena and Neena are close to my heart, because they were my first experience with bellydance. I have Jillina 1&2, and LOVE her choreo to Warda in 2. I'm trying to learn it.

My very fave, so far, though has to be Nourhan Sharif's Assaya video. I like her teaching style, her warmth, and I love all the new Saidi moves I learned from the video. She really makes it seem as fun as it's supposed to be, as well as delving into the history of the Saidi culture.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast