Favorite instructional video

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparklyraven

I have the Hadia 4dvd ultimate set and I love it! Its not cheap, but its money very well spent. This one is my fave.

I also have a suhaila workout fusion one with yoga and I loved it after I injured my back and I was starting to get better it was great for helping me get my strength back so I could keep dancing without further injury. A thing that's cool about her dvds is you won't outgrow them for a while.

I also have the Rachel Brice one and I like it more than I thought I would but I wouldn't get it unless i had some familiarity with yoga stuff.

I have several gypsy caravan ones too and I enjoy them a lot they are real user-friendly.

I see a lot of dvds out there and I get so overwhelmed by the choices I never know what to get.

belly_dancer

hi... never heard of Paulina.... of course that means nothing,,, & the dvds could be the best!!!!!!
I really liked Susznna del Veccio... but if you are a true beginner... may be a bit advanced.... but it is great workout.... plus she makes you aware of your body, like you requested... you can definitely grow with her video (think it may be called "precision motion workout".. think she may have 2 plus a drum solo one???? ) she is fab!!!

megra

Beata & Horacio Instruction/Performance DVDs/Videos

I really enjoy the Beata and Horacio Cifuentes videos I have...both performance and instructional (oriental-fantasy.com). If you have never seen them, they are absolutely fabulous performers, and their workshops ROCK! They also have the most wonderful CD's!! Their stuff is a bit harder to get ahold of here in North America, and a warning.....the DVD's, tho coded to supposedly work anywhere, DIDN'T work for many of us here in Edmonton, Canada....I was fortunate, mine worked on my computer or portable DVD player, but not on ANY of my DVD players attached to my television. If you want to be save, order the old VHS versions (which I believe is all Dahlal.com sells...likely because of this). It was still TOTALLY worth it tho...they really are TOP CLASS instructors and performers!

megra

I have the Hadia 4dvd ultimate set and I love it! Its not cheap, but its money very well spent. This one is my fave.

I really agree with you on this one....I have only one of hers at the moment, but you really get a lot of 'bang' for your buck!

hi... never heard of Paulina.... of course that means nothing,,, & the dvds could be the best!!!!!!
I really liked Susznna del Veccio... but if you are a true beginner... may be a bit advanced.... but it is great workout.... plus she makes you aware of your body, like you requested... you can definitely grow with her video (think it may be called "precision motion workout".. think she may have 2 plus a drum solo one???? ) she is fab!!!
I agree wholeheartedly with you belly dancer. I still practice with Suzanna's Precision Motion Workout....she is an American Belly Dancer icon!:cool: I was fortunate to have seminar with her in 2004 and will see her agin in Columbus of this year. She's a must for the serious dancer.
Yasmine

leila_yu

My personal favorite is Nourhan Sharif's "Rakset assaya"...She's just great in saiidi style...
All my compliments to Aziza and her instructional veil dvd "Veil with Aziza"...I just love it!!
The third would be a drum solo instructional "Drum solo with Saide".Quite nice drum solo piece and great ideas..

Status
Not open for further replies.