Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default changing teachers

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Lily View Post
    Hell yeah! But I moved on from my first teacher for two reasons.

1, I'd grown beyond her. I wasn't getting anything from her anymore and I wasn't being challanged. Even at a high level advanced class.

2, We had 'Issues' that involved her being threatened by myself and other highly advanced students surpassing her.

And I am not being self absorbd here, or self promoting myself. She's had her day. And i'm not the only one with that opinion.

So I moved on. Three times. I'm still learning new moves, and couldn't be happier

Fire Lily
    Hi Lily......i understand what you are saying.....but i hope that your teacher is not reading this one....,,she had her day,,it must be hurtfull to her beside there are than still new students that want to learn from her i am sure? to move on is great but try to be a bit more kind about your previous teacher after all she is one of those that tought you.....have a great day lydia

Post Thanks / Like

Post Hi Lydia

Hi Lydia.
    I realize my statement may be offensive to some people, and I apologize if I have. But I know her. And trust me, she ain’t on this forum. She doesn’t encourage her students to go to other teachers, she openly bad mouths them without thought. And she doesn’t take workshops.
    I left her because she told me I was violent and vicious. A statement that couldn’t be further from the truth.
    And if I remember, I didn’t mention who it was for that reason.
    She also claims that one woman, one of my good friends, was a cult leader because she talked to people in a friendly manner to welcome them. Go figure

Post Thanks / Like

Default changing teachers

Hi Lily...I dont know you ,neither your teacher so i realy dont know how and what the situation is,and i am sorry that you have a yakky experiance in your clas like that, i just hope that my students wil never talk that way about me and i read something like that about myself....But i hope that you are more happy now and have a great time dancing because that is what it is all about...take care and have a great day Lydia

Post Thanks / Like

Default Teacher, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sstacy123 View Post
    I don't have quite the same problem but because of scheduling conflicts I'm unable to move up in my teacher's next class...so I have to go to another teacher...I really hate it but what can I do?
    Dear Stacy,
    I have several students who can not make my regular classes and they instead opt for private or semi-private classes with me. Is this a possiblity for you and the teacher you want to advance with?
    Regards,
    A'isha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A'isha Azar View Post
    Dear Stacy,
    I have several students who can not make my regular classes and they instead opt for private or semi-private classes with me. Is this a possiblity for you and the teacher you want to advance with?
    Regards,
    A'isha
    I'm not sure, I was never aware of her giving private lessons but I was on the instructor list on this website just recently and saw it had listed that she did private lessons. She never mentioned it. It maybe something I should check into although I don't know how much that would run if I could afford it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12