This site compared to others

goddessyasaman

I just want to say that I love this site and the ladys on it, I have been apart of some other belly dance forums and I have had bad exprinces with them, all I have come across is jealousy, judgement and not many friendly words, I know everyone has an opinion and thats fine, but don't come across as if your opinion is all that matters in the grand out look on things, when you have a debate that is fine you know what you are getting into when you start one, but not on every topic should you feel attacked, I like this site for the people that run it and the other belly dancers on it, though I know some of that may happen here it is less then others I have come across. what do you all think, and sorry for my rant, but I do so like this site.

Greek Bonfire

I am there with you, goddessyasaman. While I am not perfect, I do have to say that these ladies are much more fun to dialog with and does not tend to diva-ing, if you get my drfit. I think it's good that this site is moderated which keeps things in balance.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Very happy to know you like it here:D It is my 'home' on the web, and we do try to keep things like one big happy WWW family. Of course we, like any other family have our ups & downs,
but for the most part things run relatively smoothly.

Being a global family we all learn to understand the written word from another culture's point of view & other personal belief systems. It adds to each person's knowledge teaches us to think before we leap and to be accepting & embracing of other folk no matter where they come from and (in this case) the style of dance they participate in.

All this makes for a whole lot of fun & a great place of learning. Long live our Wonderful forum! Yay! All thanks to Salome.
~Mosaic

adiemus

Here here! I totally agree with Mosaic and others, this forum is my bellydance home too! I lurk in other forums, but its this one that gives me that ahhhhhh! feeling like I'm home now!

LadyLoba

I agree 110%! Not only have I not cared for other belly dance communities, I really haven't cared for many other online communities. There is one general chat site I found where it seems like people can make a few friends if they don't mind weeding through the 120 creepers who are also on there..but this is the only social site where I not only feel safe and comfortable, I like the people in general.

Amulya

Agreed with all said :) another thing I like that it is international so you get so much more perspective and information.

Aniseteph

I don't think people are quite so quick to jump all over someone's head at the drop of a hat here. I think we cut people a fair amount of slack before getting our undies in a knot and breaking out the snark.

:clap:

LadyLoba

I agree with the two above me as well. I found a chat for people 30 and up that is fairly nice. You get a couple creepers in there but people tell them to cut it out and leave and they normally do...but this is still my favorite site.

People are treated respectfully here...but that's because people behave respectfully here......all the things that are a huge problem on other clean sites....people swearing too much, talking explicitly to others who are not interested in that, picking fights, or making prejudiced statements is extremely rare to non-existent here.

I think I saw one thread where someone got a "hi sexy" kind of pm from someone who didn't know them at all, and one nasty fight...and these were not only far in the past, I could tell from the replies that the moderators and admin dealt with it right away.

Personally, I've never had anyone say anything remotely upsetting to me, but I know that if I did, the moderators and Salome would help me out right away.

Corylus

I have been away from here for a while, it's nice to come back and find everyone is getting along so well and enjoying the site!

I like it here too, there's a wealth of knowledge and interesting discussions :D it's a great forum.