Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aziyade View Post
    LOL- I'll take virtual cake

Post whereever you think it will be of benefit, but I'd prefer you post a link to THIS site, so we get the traffic.

!!
    Yes, that's exactly what I wanted to do. I've been trying to get my dance sisters from my class (some of them being teachers themselves) to join this forum, and I'm hoping that posting links to threads here will encourage them to join!

Thank you for letting me post a link! ^^

Post Thanks / Like

Keti Sharif has a teacher training program: Intensive Courses - A-Z Bellydance on the Red Sea, Egypt

Post Thanks / Like

Great idea to make this list, Aziyade! Raqia Hassan's teacher course is given annually in Cairo, usually in December. For information about this year's event:
    Winter Course

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!! Updates made.

Does anyone know if Keti's training is strictly the A-Z method, or what's involved in that?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darshiva View Post
    As someone who did the teacher training (& got the resources 2 years ago and STILL REFERENCES THEM, let me just say that it's highly unlikely that you'll find it secondhand.

Worth twice what she asks for it, to be honest.
    Could you be a bit more specific as to why you find the course so valuable?

Post Thanks / Like

I just noticed that Shemiran's Teacher Training is listed as correspondance-only, which isn't true. Most of her live teacher training is in Sydney, but she does travel around the world to do live teacher training too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bellydance Oz View Post
    Could you be a bit more specific as to why you find the course so valuable?

I'm so very sorry, I just now read what you said. But I guess since you've now met Shemiran you know for yourself what her training is like. But in case you want a quotable to add to your website, what I like about it is that it's comprehensive for a first-timer, definitely. I've gone away from her lesson plans in the years since I took her intensive, but I still reference my notes on occassion. Also, I would have no hesitation in doing yet another refresher course with her - she keeps her content fresh, updating it for new techniques as required. In fact, I think I like her teacher training more now than I did when I first did it.

I can, and do, highly recommend her training course to anyone interested in becoming a bellydance instructor. And if you can get to her refresher courses, so much the better.

Post Thanks / Like

Wait, isn't Bellydance Oz Shemiran herself? o.0

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, but she WAS at the teachers retreat last year, as a guest lecturer. Our world is small, but not THAT small.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darshiva View Post
    I'm so very sorry, I just now read what you said. But I guess since you've now met Shemiran you know for yourself what her training is like. But in case you want a quotable to add to your website, what I like about it is that it's comprehensive for a first-timer, definitely. I've gone away from her lesson plans in the years since I took her intensive, but I still reference my notes on occassion. Also, I would have no hesitation in doing yet another refresher course with her - she keeps her content fresh, updating it for new techniques as required. In fact, I think I like her teacher training more now than I did when I first did it.

I can, and do, highly recommend her training course to anyone interested in becoming a bellydance instructor. And if you can get to her refresher courses, so much the better.
    I need to go to Australia!

Anyone got a rowboat I can borrow? 8P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast