Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where do you practice?

Those with their own studios I'm sure don't have such a problem but I just wondered where did everyone else practice at? I just don't feel like I have a good space to practice like I'd like. I feel like my room at home is just too crowded...I mean you don't have to have a lot of space to practice a lot of the moves but I like to be able to move around and the routine that I've been practing requires some space. I really like to practice at work. We have an employee exercise room and it has mirrors! That's another reason I don't like to practice at home because I don't have mirrors where I can see myself. The problem at work is someone always comes in there when I'm practicing and I"m not comfortable practicing with people in there...so I often end up quitting before I'm ready to...so I'd really be practing a lot more if I had a good space to do it at.

Post Thanks / Like

I rehearse in the dance stuido at my gym. It's an amazing space!!! it's private and free for me to use whenever I want for as long as I want. Since I go there on the weekdays to workout it's convenient to rehearse there too.

Post Thanks / Like

Same problem here. I try to practice in my room, but I have only like 1m² free space. I don't have a big mirror but I can use my window when it's dark outside. However a few months ago suddenly 3 guys walked besides my room and they were like and I was like , since than I'm more careful. I also don't like to practice when people are watching and my boyfriend is at home a lot now. I like that but it's not good for practice
    Last edited by Moon; 12-15-2006 at 07:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 7 ft square 'home studio' mirrored room in my house. It's not a huge 'stage' but it suffices nicely! I installed a flat screen TV, VCR/DVD & stereo so I can workout, rehearse and give private classes!
    Gia

Post Thanks / Like

I practice in my living room when I'm working on my own choreography, but most of the time I head out to the school where there are mirrors and I can work on spatial awareness.
    Yasmine

Post Thanks / Like

I usually practise in my room too, only I dont have much space there. Cane practise doesn't work out very nicely. I do have enough space to practise without props (except with zills) and still are able to move around a bit. Dancing in front of my mirror poses a problem since it's so small, I usually practise without.

Post Thanks / Like

When I moved to my new flat, I decided to have as little furniture as possible, without realising at that moment how handy it would be when it comes to dancing Plus, the previous inhabitants left a floor-to-ceiling mirror into my living room. So, apart from the fact that my cane keeps hitting the ceiling when I twirl it, I am pretty happy with my practice space.

We can also rent our studio for practice time. It is nice to have that room to yourself every now and then

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

I practise in my home, but it's not very big.

I might rent out this community center for two hours or so on Saturday or something cause it's only £8 an hour.

Post Thanks / Like

In my bedroom. It is kind of small, so traveling steps and such are pretty much out of the question. I don't like doing traveling steps very much, and prefer to keep them to a minimum anyway, although I know it's something I really should work on. I do wish I had more room for cane practice, though. No mirrors there, either, but I actually kind of prefer it that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Default yey

i have a room for dance,its just enough room,that if i lay on the floor,theres still a little space left over.
    i practise down the hall,and in other parts of the house,when i can and where i can.
    i dream of my own studio someday

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast