Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi Y'all! Moving from Texas to Manchester--wanted to introduce myself!

hello everyone, my name is Kanika! I'll be moving from Texas to Manchester, UK in about two weeks! I just wanted to say hi and network with the amazing ladies in the UK!

I have never made such a drastic move (ahhh!!!) but I'm very excited and am sure it will be a lot of fun.

I started Middle Eastern dance around the age of 11; my style is Egyptian--classic and modern.

So..what's the community like up there? I'm so excited to be jumping into a new community! Are there any holiday haflas or whatnot? I'm sure I'll have to shimmy away the cold when I get there! (I'm so used to heat! And it snows! I've never seen snow! Oh the fear....)

Post Thanks / Like

Big Grin Hey from your fixin'-to-be former Okie neighbor!

Hi, Karika, welcome to the forum! What part of the UK are you moving to? We have several forum members who hail from there. Who knows? You might become neighbors with one or more!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcome Farasha Hanem! I'll be moving to Manchester--more specifically the Stretford area. So glad to hear there are lots of UK forum members! Moving is less stressful knowing there's a vibrant belly dance community on the other end!

Post Thanks / Like

to the forum. WOW! that's a big move! and very different weather Hope the move goes well. Any specific reason for such a big move? As Farasha mentioned, we do have quite a few UK dancers who are members and someone I am sure will be able to pint you in the right direction.
    ~Mosaic
    PS: here is a sticky thread that has some UK contacts which may be useful to you: http://www.bellydanceforums.net/inst...g-teacher.html
    Last edited by Mosaic; 12-06-2010 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Add
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I'm convinced the weather will kill me, or at least force me into a never-ending cycle of shivering!

My husband is a UK citizen and we've decided to relocate there per his job. It should be fun-cold but fun!

Thanks for the link Mosaic!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Kanika!

Welcome to the forum, and a pre-emptive welcome to the UK! I believe Manchester has a good belly dance community, sadly I'm too far south to know it personally but I'm sure we have other ladies on the community who will be able to give you more useful info!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Eshta! I can't wait to get there!