Hello ^.^

Imeera

I am Imeera. I am a beginner in belly dance, I started about two weeks ago, but I am already hooked! THough I can't go to any classes (there aren't any here I can go to) so I am working at the moment with Sadie's Complete Belly Dance on DvD to learn the basics. I live in Plymouth and go the the University here but my home town is in Norfolk. I went looking for a fourm for some guidence and to meet others like myself =]

Great to meet all of you!
Thank you,
Imeera

Mosaic

Super Moderator
to the forum, don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have, someone is bound to have an answer. You can also search the forum as you may find threads that have answers to questions you may have.
~Mosaic

LadyLoba

Welcome! I'm another one who is new (I took some time off but I think I've studied about 8 weeks) and I am also a self taught learner....like you, no classes or teachers anywhere near me. It's a tough way to learn, but with study, practice, and using all possible resources, like this forum, DVDs, and online guides, it can still be both enjoyable and a good way to learn.

I asked a million questions...it's important to make sure the resources you use are of good quality (like your Sadie DVD) and not just somebody who jumped up, shook their hips a couple times, put it on their youtube page, and decided to label it a "belly dance lesson."...and the women on here are EXCELLENT with that...they have no problem making suggestions, giving tips, etc..it's a great forum, hope you grow to love it as much as I do!

Imeera

Welcome! I'm another one who is new (I took some time off but I think I've studied about 8 weeks) and I am also a self taught learner....like you, no classes or teachers anywhere near me. It's a tough way to learn, but with study, practice, and using all possible resources, like this forum, DVDs, and online guides, it can still be both enjoyable and a good way to learn.

I asked a million questions...it's important to make sure the resources you use are of good quality (like your Sadie DVD) and not just somebody who jumped up, shook their hips a couple times, put it on their youtube page, and decided to label it a "belly dance lesson."...and the women on here are EXCELLENT with that...they have no problem making suggestions, giving tips, etc..it's a great forum, hope you grow to love it as much as I do!

Thank you! What you said is very reassuring! It is all a bit daunting when you first start on your own, I am glad that I can see its possible thanks to you! ^.^ I can already see how great this forum and the people here are =] May I ask, have you found any sites or DvDs ect that you found really useful? Thanks again ^.^