The Goblin Calendar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amulya

My turn :D and that will be in 'Amulya style'

Of course goblins wreak havoc in the belly dance world as well. They destroyed many a belly dancer's xmas dream of a new belly dance costume (but not completely, nothing stops a belly dancer's dream for long), by creating something with a star theme...

But even today, they created something hideous just to tease us. Of course we know we can take revenge by creating some real nasty looking goblin suits. Together we can come up with some real ugly designs that even silences the naughtiest goblins.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
The red costume reminds me of 2 space ships passing over a large star - so do we have alien goblins designing costumes in memory of their long journey through the universe... the 2nd well the goblins ran out of a couple of colours - but then goblins probably think the costumes are beautiful:lol:
~Mosaic

walladah

The Goblin within

proposes that we organise, after the Calendar thing is over, an online contest on the ugliest bellydance costume design. Designs should be original creations of participants! No need to create the costume (i would not anyway), the design on paper or in digital form is fine!

Amulya, thanks for the treat! I personally like the colourful goblin costume, for it is impossible to get worse. Or not?

Amulya

proposes that we organise, after the Calendar thing is over, an online contest on the ugliest bellydance costume design. Designs should be original creations of participants! No need to create the costume (i would not anyway), the design on paper or in digital form is fine!

We should! That would be so much fun :D

Shanazel

?

Oh, the ideas that are spinning in my mind and me not sure how to create them digitally! Guess it is time to learn.

Hmm, what would we offer for first prize? A lifetime supply of orange bobble fringe? An assortment of crassles, drooples and dribbles? A length of dayglo orange velour with a pattern of limegreen leopard spots? (Oooo, I'm nauseating myself with the visuals.)

Aniseteph

A lifetime supply of orange bobble fringe?

No that won't do as a prize... I already have enough orange bobble fringe to last a lifetime i.e. none at all.
Unless... :think: ... if I wanted to make a Halloween-themed costume and make them be little pumpkin heads and... aaaargh, now look what you made me think! :protest:

(but dayglo orange with limegreen leopard... yeah, feeling the nausea alright)

Loving all the goblinery BTW. The poem with the fruit was wonderful.

Shanazel

I actually owned a long length of orange bobble trim for nearly twenty years after receiving it in a White Elephant Package. I finally used it on a tongue in cheek gift for my dear Mya last year- made her a pair of limegreen velour tribal-style leg warmers trimmed in the bobble thread, orange and lime organza trim with orange and green sequins and some white garter snaps I rescued from an ancient garter belt I bought at a second hand store.

She said she opened the package at work and drew attention to herself when she laughed outloud.

I miss Mya on OD. :(

Greek Bonfire

Oh, the ideas that are spinning in my mind and me not sure how to create them digitally! Guess it is time to learn.

Hmm, what would we offer for first prize? A lifetime supply of orange bobble fringe? An assortment of crassles, drooples and dribbles? A length of dayglo orange velour with a pattern of limegreen leopard spots? (Oooo, I'm nauseating myself with the visuals.)

I had trouble downloading the photo but just today I saw one for sale on one of my favorite sites that just didn't belong there. It had something that looked like two hands holding the "girls" for the bra, and the same "cupping" motion for the belt. I mean, talk about tacky, I wish I could copy it cuz it's really FUGLY.

Shanazel

Oh, I LOVE her knock-kneed, pigeon-toed stance and the gum chewing added a definite je ne said quoi to the overall performance. :clap::clap:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
That Mahmoud Velveeta Video is hilarious, I have just sent it on to several friends :dance::dance::clap::clap: I also love the pigeon toe walk:lol::lol:
~Mosaic

nigma

Oh wow LOL! I posted a clip on the youtubes thread of the "7 husbands" turkish film today and had to search for what Greekbonfire meant about the Goblin calender. Well at least I picked an appropriate one for such an auspicious occassion.

Amulya

LOL! I might have the ultimate price if I can find the thing!

Greek Bonfire

Nigma, that video is just adorable. Cheart, I watched some of your post, and I have to say it is just as adorable - brings back memories of when I was a child and wanted to live in a land like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.