The Goblin Calendar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

walladah

This is the Calendar of oriental dancers prone to mischief! Please, feel free to join us - but even if you do not, we will try to tease you anyway!!:lol:

walladah

December 25th - Goblins on the upper world

Hello Goblin dancers!

As you may suspect, Goblins are very religious! it is not a coincidence they travel to change livelihood on Christmas Day!

So, i upload the Song "El Hubb - Love without formalities and orders" [El Hubb-Kayıtsız Şartsız Aşk]

YouTube - 7 Kocal? Hürmüz - El-Hubb Kay?ts?z ?arts?z A?k

as danced for the same modern movie i used the other song for the Advent Calendar treat. The movie was about an Ottoman lady who had 7 husbands!

I think that this song here is what oriental dance was originally for: praying, praising human nature, praising women, having fun!

For modern people this is... subversive or not very lady-like, not even religious. But, Goblins... eh, i mean oriental dancers know better!

Enjoy!

PS/The translation of the song is the following

Love – Love without formalities and orders

Love melts the chain
Love cyclically comes, love
love i gather, love
God brings according to one’s heart
Love i gather, love, love,
God brings according to one’s heart

weather got cloudy
lightnings will flash
women in houses will go for a walk

they say that, this night after the evening prayer time
rain from blue skies, rain from blue skies, rain from blue skies
similar to rain from blue skies it will be raining men.

Girls show your gratitude to father God
Being alone we were similar to hot stoves,
As if we were left in the desert, we were looking at the blue sky,
Go, join, join,
Let’s meet this evening at the courtyard, at the house
Man from the sky, male from the sky, husband from the sky,
From the sky with water it will rain men, it will rain men,

Open your breasts, make your eyes languorous
Prepare your temperature when it comes to your words
Fall into bed, have fun girls!
Lots of gratitude, lots of gratitude, lots of gratitude
Lost of gratitude this everning after the evening prayer
Man from the sky, male from the sky, husband from the sky,
From the sky with water it will rain men, it will rain men.

Last edited:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
:clap::clap:That was fun, I love it! Thanks Walladah:dance:
~Mosaic

PS: I've made this thread a sticky

walladah

I posted this, given that i was not

...sure Shanazel had time to prepare for today, as the modification of the Calendar has been done yesterday!

So, Shanazel, just pick a day you want from the ones left!! (28th, which is "mine", is also available, if you want!)

Shanazel

I just came on to do my 26th gig, so I think I'll go ahead and do the deed because I don't want anyone else "swiping" my favorite goblin tale! I also have the 1st of January, I believe, and can do any othr date you like as well.

Here goes:

Poets' Corner - Christina Rosetti - Goblin Market

Last edited:

walladah

I love this poem

Shanazel! not only because it is clever, but because it is such a tale that has dozens of experts analyzing again and again to find the hidden meanings!

Thank you!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
The goblin poem is quite a tale - so many layers, that you skip back and forth to find what you have missed, very clever and quite a story:D Enjoyed that!

As for the 3 little pigs :lol::lol: Oh to go down in history as the slayers of santa - absolutely don't want to show any little kids that one! the 3 little pigs would be forever banished from story book shelves!
~Mosaic

Daimona

Dec 27

Brilliant poem and fun videos, and I need to change my plans for my entry (was planning to post a poem I've written, but now I don't dare to..). I'll be right back!

And here is another video in the spirit of the more traditional goblins:

The way we think of the goblins today (as shown in the poem above and in Walladahs introductory posts to this calendar) was probably set in the 18th - 19th centuries, but you probably didn't know there existed a different kind of goblins that were discovered in Norway rather recently. Someone have made a film about its recent discovery: The Goblin Man of Norway

Last edited:

Greek Bonfire

That goblin poem was amazing, definitely a great read and very mind engaging! BTW, Daimona, I am going to keep The Goblin Man of Norway for a time when I have some uninterrupted time to really get into it cuz it looks fascinating.

walladah

Wow! that was a very funny song

and what i liked very much in the Goblin Man of Norway video, was the... look of the scientist at the end of the first part of the video! I think that there was no need to see the next parts afterwards!!

thanks Daimona!!

Daimona

and what i liked very much in the Goblin Man of Norway video, was the... look of the scientist at the end of the first part of the video! I think that there was no need to see the next parts afterwards!!

thanks Daimona!!

You're welcome! I did plan to post a poem I've written, but after the Goblin Market, it wasn't worth it and then I found the song and Goblin Man of Norway.. Great film, isn't it?

walladah

Personally, Daimona,

I would like you to post the poem you wanted to post! What a Goblin are you if you do not and what Goblins are we, if we do not push you to?

walladah

December 28th - Day of the Innocents

The treat today is... to remember some of the most famous Goblins worldwide ever: The Merry Men of Robin Hood!

I choose for the treat this part of an old movie, not only because of the clever tricks

YouTube - ROBIN HOOD: PRINCE OF THIEVES (7 OF 15)

but also because of Alan Rickman's great acting as Sheriff of Nottingham asserting

"... no more merciful beheadings! And call ooffffff Christmas!"

he is a Goblin himself!

Enjoy!

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
Oh love these all!!! I'm really going to have to think of something good for my day now. I hope I understand this all right so it makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.