Hello:) I'm new here, Need a little advise of a few things too :)

Hi Guys :)

I am new here to the forum and would just like to introduce myself :)

I am only 18, and from Africa, Botswana, To a South African father and Angolan Mother.

I moved to the UK 3 years ago and am..Kind of getting used to it, well trying too.

I have been belly dancing for many years now, but professionally only a minimum...

any questions,. just ask! :))

Habibi L'amour

Hey :)
I'm new here too....and I'm only 16. I have been dancing for a few years too, but the only time I was "paid" was when I won the beginner's division of a belly dance competition.
*hugz* for you Bellydancebotswana

Mallika

Hi everyone,im new here,nice page,lots of wonderful women and lots of information about the main things we all r interested in)

Shanazel

Welcome to you all! How lucky for us to get such a wealth of new friends! Mallika, my first teacher was a first generation American whose parents came here from Armenia. Perhaps you might tell us if Armenia has forms of belly dance that differ from elsewhere?

Mallika

Well im happy for that,and thanx for ur warm greetings)
About the forms of belly dance in Armenia-actually no,we are eastern also,but a little different,and our folk dance culture doesn't have anything common with belly dance. But, our girls love dancing,esp. belly dance,and some of them even r gud dancers really,i saw many many eastern belly dancers,they were amazing,it is in their blood,but we r talanted nation,and not many,but we have gud belly dancers,i don't know may be u heard about Sofia Sarkissyan,she is really gud.The problem is here we don't have cultural centers for such dances,mostly they r for traditional dance,and may be in 2 -3 places we have they will teach u,but the price is so high,that no one wants to go,moreover the teachers r not professionals,so no meaning to visit those places,or u can go just for relaxing,ppl who want to do it professionaly,they go abroad,russia,or lebanon or ..

Mallika

and i think we have reason for that,that my society avoids The belly dance to be more popular here,becouse they look at u as something else,i dont hide,we have many ppl with sick mind,who doesn't understand anything about this wonderful,amazing and femine dance,hhhh and they think if u can dance it,that means u r not a gud girl)sick ppl.but let them go to arabic restaurant here,they ll become crazy when they c dancers)

Mallika

this is an art,even i would say more than art,and u r lucky if u have an ability to carrie this art,it is a gift from god and nature,but ,what to do,not everyone understands )

Farasha Hanem

Welcome to all of our new members! :D

Mallika, I agree with you---just because a woman (or man) knows how to bellydance does not make that person bad. It's what's in the heart that determines that. :D