Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Big Grin Intermediate belly dance level 3, does anyone know what that involves?

Hi guys, I will be taking on an intermediate level 3 belly dance course with Mia Serra belly dance school in London in January 2011, ..

The only thing is that I'm not quite sure what the course involves, it just states on the website that technique, choreography and combination to Arabic music will be taught for 12 weeks...

The only thing is that I don't want to step into a course where I already know what I will be doing, I have spoken to them but its just the same answer.

Does anyone know what level 3 includes really?

Love n Joy

Bianca

Post Thanks / Like

You need to contact the school and ask specific questions re: experience required, style covered, teachers' backgrounds, references from previous students, and their policy re: refunds if the class turns out to be something unsuited for your needs. If they can't or won't answer these questions, you need to decide whether you want to risk time and money on an unknown situation.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, I will give it a try its worth finding everything out instead of wasting time and money xxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a very good point on the "can't or won't answer your questions." That got me into two bad situations with dance classes (non belly dance). They would not give me straight answers..and I signed up anyway...and lost money...no skill to show for it. Both of these were a long time ago, so of course I won't make that mistake again...but yes definitely...never hand over your money or devote your time unless you know what you're getting.

Post Thanks / Like

My advice would be to contact the school and see if it possible to go on a drop in basis for the first lesson and pay for the full course if you are happy with it. If this is not possible, then I would go for a level lower as it is better to solidify your foundation rather than risk going overboard and consequently become demotivated.

Post Thanks / Like

The requirement for the class is 48 lessons with them (equivalent one year) or 18 months with someone else for level2 you require 6 months. It's pretty damn expensive for this level too, anyone else from London care to correct me. £12+ a week

Post Thanks / Like

The requiremwent stated on the website is 18 months of dancing elsewhere, or the equivalent of one year of their courses, so it should not be a problem. How long have you been dancing?

It is also rather expensive at £12.33333333333333 a week - at least to this non-Londoner - although I stand to be corrected.

Post Thanks / Like

£13.33 from tomorrow - yikes that IS a lot. I pay just under £8 an hour.

Post Thanks / Like

I pay £5 an hour in Colchester, but admittedly not with a teacher like yours - who I would pay more for. Not sure I would pay more for Mia Serra thouigh.

Post Thanks / Like

You lucky girls!
    If I was to attend regular classes where I live, I'd have to pay an equivalent of app. £17/h ...
    (If I'd been living a place with more competition, prices would probably have been lower)

(sorry, couldn't help this outburst - unfortunately I can't answer the OP)
    Last edited by Daimona; 12-31-2010 at 02:10 PM.
    --
    Daim.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast