HELP problem with myn belly

Loubna

with a lot of practise i can do now the bellyroll.
Bud the bellyshock is the problem (I don't know what the exacly the word is, with bellyshock i mean when you push your belly in and out really fast) I can do the slowely move, bud not the fast.

can someone tell me how to begin???

(and i am sorry for myn not so good english)

Loubna

oow was forget to ask this...

is it true that when you have some fat on your belly. its than difficult to do all stumac and belly movemend???? is it because the muscles on your belly is unvisible because of the fat you have there???

does someone knows this???

Moon

I don't know for sure, but personally I find my bellyrolls better visible when I'm not sitting straight so it looks like I've more fat on my belly.
Also, I've had a lesson from a chubby teacher and I found her belly movements very clearly visible.

Princess

is it true that when you have some fat on your belly. its than difficult to do all stumac and belly movemend???? is it because the muscles on your belly is unvisible because of the fat you have there???

This has nothing to do with the fat ...is all about your muscles...so you have to learn how to work with them

Loubna

thank you Moon and Prinsess

Bud what is the secret behind this movemend.
Prinsess i understand that i must work out myn muscles...bud how.
When you you say workout the muscles do you mean sitt ups or pull and push myn belly in and out?????

when i see some bellydancers do this fast moves in and out....it looks like they do it on the stumac area?

Yshka

Hi Loubna,

with bellyshock do you mean bellyflutter (als je buik als het ware 'trilt'?)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is done by contracting and releasing the upper muscle in your belly, the muscle in the diaphragm area (de bovenste van je buikspieren achtereenvolgend aanspannen en loslaten, 'middenrif' I think this is called). If you train this really well, you will be able to speed up your flutter in a while. This might take longer for some people. I still don't really get it to become faster.

In the beginning it might help to hold your breath 'halfway' to give you a better feel of what you're doing with this muscle. (half inademen en dan je adem inhouden om deze spier beter te voelen)

Good luck!

Loubna

Hi Loubna,

with bellyshock do you mean bellyflutter (als je buik als het ware 'trilt'?)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is done by contracting and releasing the upper muscle in your belly, the muscle in the diaphragm area (de bovenste van je buikspieren achtereenvolgend aanspannen en loslaten, 'middenrif' I think this is called). If you train this really well, you will be able to speed up your flutter in a while. This might take longer for some people. I still don't really get it to become faster.

In the beginning it might help to hold your breath 'halfway' to give you a better feel of what you're doing with this muscle. (half inademen en dan je adem inhouden om deze spier beter te voelen)

Good luck!

thank you
Yes i mean the bellyflutter!! thank you for explean it for me in Dutch too!!
i think it is the upper muscles to? i can viberate the under muscels better then the upper. Bud i think is just a question of practise.

Yshka

Dear Loubna, you're very welcome. If you keep practising you will get there. Try to really feel which muscle you are using Next try to isolate it and contract separately from the other muscles.

Then try speeding it. I'll practise along lol (ik kan het alleen langzaam hehe:lol: )

Gabi

I've seen a lot of fat people dance who look great and have great clarity but it does look different on different body types - a person who is not only skinny but also lean and muscular will have a whole different look, but it's all good.

I swear I saw a dancer not only flutter the upper alone but also the lower alone and each lower side alone - she swore anyone could learn

It's just hard and takes practice, in out in out in in out out etc., :lol:

Last edited:

Loubna

thank you all

the problem i have its more that i do the bellyflutter to slowely and not so fast and when get it faster...i lose it Bud i understand i have to practise more..

Gabi

wow the upper and lower in the same time alone Wow...yes i want to learn that. Bud first i must to start with connecting en controle myn bellymuscles.

thank youn all
any advice is still welcome

Yshka

You're welcome!

About the 'fat' on one's belly, Moon, Princess and Gabi are absolutely right. It's all about muscle control. And no matter how your belly looks, it's good.
I'm one of the girls with a slightly fuller figure (belly, hips :D ) but I learned to love it because of Oriental dancing. Some moves might look wonderful on a thinner person, but I know of experience that some moves also look dashing with a fuller figure;) . This is what makes Oriental dance so wonderful. It looks different on everybody, but it's beautiful nevertheless.

And after a while and more practise, the muscles will become visible anyway:cool: .

Last edited: