Thread: Hello!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello!

Hello! I've been taking egyptian-style lessons for 1.5 years now. I started soley for exercise purposes...needing a low-impact activity (and it's worked very well for me). This is also the girliest thing I've ever done...so I've stepped outside my comfort zone considerably.

I have no intention of ever performing...but wouldn't mind playing the doumbek for performances down the road. To that end I'm putting together a gypsy-style costume (just to indulge in the girly side of me that's emerging! ). I also find I've developed a passion for hip scarves.

I may have a lot of silly questions (that you might all be tired of hearing)...but bare with me please!

Post Thanks / Like

. It's wonderful to hear your experiences, and I think that for many of us at some point we have also stepped out of our comfort zones the dance seems to do that to you As for questions, ask away, there are no silly questions. You can also search the forums for answers in case they have been talked about before, but do ask if you don't find an answer, someone will either have an answer or be able to pint you in the right right direction.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the welcome!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! You will have to share your doumbek knowledge with us as you go along!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum, Rue! Love your avatar. Best to you!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ladies!

Yes...that's one of my 3 parrots. They love it if I practice a bit with them...although they get so excited they tend to drown out the music with their squawking...