Thread: I'm new too

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm new too

I'm Sarah, brand new, don't really have much else to say!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, SarahJ, welcome to the forum! ^^

Post Thanks / Like

to the forum. Where are you from and how long have you been dancing?
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm Canadian, and...about the dancing...I've only really tried a couple of times. I'm fascinated by the dance style, but I'm VERY shy and feel very self conscious when I do it. I guess I joined the forum to learn more about it and learn how others find the confidence
    P.S. I know it's odd I'm posting this early in the morning...damn insomnia...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SarahJ View Post
    I'm Canadian, and...about the dancing...I've only really tried a couple of times. I'm fascinated by the dance style, but I'm VERY shy and feel very self conscious when I do it. I guess I joined the forum to learn more about it and learn how others find the confidence
    P.S. I know it's odd I'm posting this early in the morning...damn insomnia...
    LOL! not odd posting at all hours, being an international forum it is daytime somewhere Here in Aussie at this moment it is 9pm.

As for confidence, you will find classes are very welcoming of newcomers, it really is matter of taking a deep breathe and stepping through the door. You can be in the back of the class until you feel a little more comfortable. Another way is to talk a friend into joining with you, and see if you can find a newly formed class ( beginning of the year is often a good time here in Australia to find new beginners classes starting, maybe it is the same for Canada).

When I first decided to 'try' bellydance, I chose to have 2 private lessons first to see if I would like it and I fell in love with the dance. Even though I felt awkward and didn't have a lot of confidence at all, I took that deep breathe and made myself join a class, and in 7 years have maybe missed 3 classes in total due to illness twice and being on a plane the third time I am now teaching. I began teaching because one of my teachers pushed me into it, I kept saying I don't think I can, but she knew I was I just needed the push.

Sarah, Just do it! It really is just a matter of trusting yourself and taking the leap. You obviously have a love of the dance and somewhere inside of you, you want that 'push' - taking that leap will be the hardest step, but once you do it you will be so glad you did.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)