Thread: Hello Everyone

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone
    I joined ages ago but as i was only just learning to use a computer i didnt get very far. I was a ballet dancer but then had a child so didnt go back. Spent 19 years working in Cabaret but then discovered Belly Dance and loved it. I did several courses at my local college.
    In Feb 2010 i had an accident at work that finished my already quite dodgy base of spine, massive disc problems! On Dec 3rd i had major Spinal surgery and am now on the road to recovery, minimum of 6 months. Had my first Phisio last Wed and when asked my goals said, i want to go back to work and to perform more Belly Dance, she said i will be dancing sooner rather then later, i am so happy, i miss being able to dance. The last time i actually danced was on Jan 30th 2010 i did a Charleston and a Belly Dance number.
    I would love to know if there is anyone in the Warwickshire area doing any workshops and where i can get proper belly dance Bra tops Raggs xx

Post Thanks / Like

to the forum. Sorry to hear you have been in an accident, but great to know you are on a fast track to recovery, good news indeed.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your kind words xxx

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, raggydoll, welcome to the forum; glad that you're doing better and dancing again!

I'm from the US, so I don't know of any costume suppliers/makers in your area, but as you get more familiar with the internet, you can find a treasure trove of costumes and accessories online.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello

Thank you for your kind message, im not really dancing yet but definately getting better. I feel like a big Brown Bear hibernating for the Winter. Its the best time to be ill. Raggs xx

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got some rags for you

Hi Raggs,

I'm a lower-back sufferer from way back. As I write I am sitting with a hot water bottle on the base of my spine. I'm 57 now so figure maybe I should get the surgery now instead of later. Sometimes when my back goes I really can't even get out of bed.

At the place where I work though we have quite a few girls who belly dance and we put on some music and practice during the lunch hour every other day. It has an amazingly beneficial effect on me and I think is keeping me out of the hospital.

If you want a hand with costumes etc., do please give me a yell, we deliver all over the world.
    Last edited by gisela; 01-22-2011 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Removed link

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome in the forum and wishing you the best with your back

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by cjcronin View Post
    Hi Raggs,

I'm a lower-back sufferer from way back. As I write I am sitting with a hot water bottle on the base of my spine. I'm 57 now so figure maybe I should get the surgery now instead of later. Sometimes when my back goes I really can't even get out of bed.

At the place where I work though we have quite a few girls who belly dance and we put on some music and practice during the lunch hour every other day. It has an amazingly beneficial effect on me and I think is keeping me out of the hospital.

If you want a hand with costumes etc., do please give me a yell, we deliver all over the world.

Henry G

"]
    Hi There
    Thanks so much for your lovely message, im sorry that i have not answered quickly but im not supposed to sit at the computer yet. The surgery that i had was Major Spinal Fusion and there is a minimum of 6 months recovery time. I am the same age as you and had exactly the same symptoms.I was a professional ballet dancer and also worked in Cabaret, i only took up belly dance a few years ago, i did three courses at my local college. I have been told that if i do as im told i will be able to dance again soon. The pain eases with every day that passes. Raggs xx
    Last edited by Mosaic; 01-23-2011 at 12:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Maria_Aya View Post
    Welcome in the forum and wishing you the best with your back
    Thank you so much for your kind message, i get better everyday and hope to dance again soon Raggs xx