Inspired

Sharmaine

Hi everyone,
Ventured onto this site while meandering through the web - thought, 'Wow, this looks interesting. . . '
So I've been belly dancing for maybe two, three years? i love the dance, love the music, though admittedly one of my goals in belly dance is to dance to a heavy metal song - my two loves combined, just to see whether its possible :lol:
I love the feminine feel of dancing, moving the body, enjoying the body in a way that is not often encouraged in society. Loving your own body for the way it moves? How dare you? Can't you see how many flaws there are? Cover up and be ashamed of yourself!!
I love that there are so many dancers out there who aren't shackled by such views, just 'normal' women who do what they love. You are my inspiration

Greek Bonfire

Welcome to the forum! Inspired people are such a delight and I personally am looking forward to reading your future posts.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Warm to the forum. Loved your intro post, very inspiring:D I recently watched a DVD called Belly by Full Tilt Productions, and it was just a simple chat with various unknown and some known dancers which is quite a mosaic of experiences but all spoke of casting off the shackles in some way. Sure there were views I don't hold too, but it was about how each individual worked within the dance and their everyday lives. interesting Doco and your intro reminded of the DVD and what a complete joy the dance is.
~Mosaic

cjcronin

Shakira meets Sharmaine

I like the way you spell Sharmaine, looks better that way. I was thinking over what you wrote about mixing belly dancing with heavy metal and Shakira popped into my mind - although she's not heavy metal she has definitely found a way to mix belly dancing with other music genres, so maybe worth a look. She has definitely found a way to take the attraction of belly dance movements into a new field and one of the big reasons for her success I think is her sheer originality in that regard. Good luck with experiments - hope you post on youtube and let us all know the link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Farasha Hanem

Rep coming your way!

I love the feminine feel of dancing, moving the body, enjoying the body in a way that is not often encouraged in society. Loving your own body for the way it moves? How dare you? Can't you see how many flaws there are? Cover up and be ashamed of yourself!!
I love that there are so many dancers out there who aren't shackled by such views, just 'normal' women who do what they love. You are my inspiration

First time I've ever repped a first post! Welcome to the forum, Sharmaine! :D