Hello!

Dream Dancer

Recently I've become interested in belly dancing. The styles are beautiful and they're a great way to express yourself. I watched several videos of different belly dancers on Youtube and now I get chills just watching them. Soon I'll be able to get lessons and I'll be able to join this unique way of dancing. I must admit that I'm shy and self conscience but I need to push that away from me. For now I've joined this site to find tips to prepare me for my journey through the different cultures that belly dancing brings. :D

Last edited:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
to the forum & the world of bellydance. How exciting you are about to venture into a fun world and begin a wonderful journey. Many of us have begun our journeys feeling self conscious & shy. But it really doesn't take long to begin to find confidence and you will have encouragement from other students and will make friends along the way as well and I am sure you will be so glad you took those first tentative steps into this joyful world.
~Mosaic

nouraki

. I must admit that I'm shy and self conscience but I need to push that away from me.

In my opinion, Belly dancing and arabic music is a unique way to do that and be more confident! :D
And the belly dance forum of course!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

WELCOME!!!!!!!

cjcronin

Don't Sweat It

Hi Dream Dancer, Years ago I was an actor. I remember the night of my first performance, I was almost catatonic with stagefright but somehow got through the evening. As I continued to perform I began to realize that being another character meant that I no longer had to worry about my personal inhibitions - I could effectively hide behind my 'character'.

Belly dancing is the same. The character you embrace as a dancer is not yourself, it is a projection of another aspect of yourself, just like acting. So enjoy the freedom this gives you, enjoy performing, it's a release from the troubles of the world for as long as the music lasts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Hi Dream Dancer, Years ago I was an actor. I remember the night of my first performance, I was almost catatonic with stagefright but somehow got through the evening. As I continued to perform I began to realize that being another character meant that I no longer had to worry about my personal inhibitions - I could effectively hide behind my 'character'.

Belly dancing is the same. The character you embrace as a dancer is not yourself, it is a projection of another aspect of yourself, just like acting. So enjoy the freedom this gives you, enjoy performing, it's a release from the troubles of the world for as long as the music lasts.

Henry G

That is great advice Henry and it does work with bellydance. Put on your costume and you also put on another persona:D
~Mosaic