What Do You Think?

Dream Dancer

In my introduction I explained how I don't have a teacher for belly dancing yet. I've been searching all night for someone around my area who can teach me and I've found a site for West Michigan School of Middle Eastern Dance. I'm going to be honest and say that I don't know when somethings good or not so I'd better leave this to the experienced people. Do you think that this is worth my interest and the money they want for the lessons?

West Michigan School of Middle Eastern Dance

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Sounds like a very well rounded school, personally if I was seeking a class & lived in the area I would enrol there without hesitation. Phone then and ask if you can come along and talk to the teacher who takes the beginner classes, you might even have an opportunity to speak with a student or 2. There may be members on the forum who know the school and teachers and can give you much better feedback than I can living on the other side of the world:D Good luck!
~Mosaic

da Sage

The prices seem fair, and the website and class descriptions seem very professional.

Ultimately, you will have to take classes there to really find out whether they are right for you. I would recommend that if you are unhappy or not progressing well after one or two six-week sessions, that you then try another teacher (either at the same school that you posted, or at some other studio/community ed location).

Curriculum is important, but so is your teacher's teaching (and dancing) style. So jump in and make your own decisions about whether the classes are "worth it" - from your own experience!

Dream Dancer

I'll give them a call after school tomarrow. They seem like a great school and I have no doubt that this school will be the right choice. I can't wait to get started with belly dancing. :yay:

Amanda (was Aziyade)

Oh hellz to the yeah! Joette Sawall has a very good reputation and I think she is also a dance researcher or historian. I know I've read a paper of hers somewhere in my own research. She's very knowledgable on Egyptian dance, and I don't think you could go wrong with her :)