hello everyone!

moon river

well i've been belly dancing as part of a performing troupe for several years, but am new here! i was looking for some new costume inspiration and stumbled across this page. after i got sucked into the "thought provoking belly dance costumes" for the better part of two hours i figured i should just join, you guys seem like such fun and so wise and full of helpful advice. :) i can't wait to browse through other interesting threads!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
to the forum. Always nice to have new folk join us. As you go through the threads you will see like any large family we have our ups & downs, but we are a happy caring bunch at least for 99.995% of the time, it is just those dip your toe in a freezing ocean fraction of a second times when the odd pillow squabble may happen;) But out comes the chocolate, wine, and music and all is happy families once again:lol: Glad to have you aboard!
~Mosaic

Imeera

Welcome to the forum Moon River =] I am glad you decided to join! This is how I got caught up in this forum too so I know what you talking about =D Everyone here is brilliant, this is the loveliest forum I have come across. Hope you enjoy it here! ^.^

Farasha Hanem

Hello, Moon River, and welcome! :D

Holy Smokes! :shok: I didn't thing the image would come out that big...sorry...sorry... :wall:

Harry

Oh goody! Somebody from Washington State! Welcome! I live in Baltimore now, but I graduated from HS in Walla Walla. As it turns out, there are several around here from the Pacific NW. For example, our hostess, Salome, lives in Corvallis, and Alosha lives in The Dalles. In what part of the "Keep it Green" state are you located?

cjcronin

Belly Dance Troupe?

Welcome to the forum. If you have any questions on costumes then please do let me help, although I am very interested in what you mentioned regarding your troupe. Are troupes affiliated in any way? Buy that I mean is there a coordinating body or governing body that you belong to? Or were you an independent group traveling the countryside? Sounds like an interesting life.

Last edited by a moderator:

moon river

Oh goody! Somebody from Washington State! Welcome! I live in Baltimore now, but I graduated from HS in Walla Walla. As it turns out, there are several around here from the Pacific NW. For example, our hostess, Salome, lives in Corvallis, and Alosha lives in The Dalles. In what part of the "Keep it Green" state are you located?

I'm in the Olympia/lacey area

moon river

Welcome to the forum. If you have any questions on costumes then please do let me help, although I am very interested in what you mentioned regarding your troupe. Are troupes affiliated in any way? Buy that I mean is there a coordinating body or governing body that you belong to? Or were you an independent group traveling the countryside? Sounds like an interesting life.

Henry G

my troupe is not affiliated with any other one specifically, although there are some others around the area. we don't travel, but i agree that does sound like an interesting life!:D we perform around our area only, af festivals, fairs, haflas of course, and the occasional party or gathering. it's a lot of fun.