Thread: Denver, CO?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Denver, CO?

Hey fellow dancers,

I'm going to be traveling to Denver, Colorado in a couple of months for a business trip. Whenever I travel I try to sneak in a belly dance lesson with someone local to broaden my belly dance horizons. Does anyone have experience with belly dance instructors in the Denver area? I've already checked out the instructor directory on this web site (which was helpful!) but I'm also looking for people's opinions. I'm probably looking for someone who is more Egyptian, Turkish, or American Oriental than Tribal.

Cheers,
    Ariella

P.S. Mods, I wasn't sure if this belonged here or in "I'm searching for..." Sorry if I posted in the wrong one!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not in Denver, but I took a khaleeji workshop with dancer Khadijah when she travelled to my area in 2010. I liked her a lot and would look her up for a drop-in class in a heartbeat if I were in her area (which is Denver though her site does not make that super clear).
    Home

Suzanna Del Vecchio is also in Denver. Again, I have only experienced her as a workshop instructor (#&% years ago now!), but she is a very good teacher and has a lot to offer.
    Belly dance Videos, Denver Bellydancing with Suzanna Del Vecchio

Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the insightful information, Monica!

Post Thanks / Like

Marjorie teaches in Greeley. I've enjoyed her workshops and her students do a nice job of putting on programs. Kaya and Sadie teach in Denver, and while people may not care for the sexuality of their style, I took a couple of very good (and dignified)workshops from Kaya, including an assaya class. Tribaltique do a nice job of tribal fusion; not really my thing but enjoyed them as teachers. Suzanne DelVecchio is a friend's all time favorite teacher, though I've never had classes from her myself.

I'm not familiar with the other dances listed on the following link, but can probably find someone who is familiar if you are interested. Belly dance classes in Denver, Colorado
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info, Shanazel!

Post Thanks / Like

If I remember correctly Eva Cernik is down there and teaches Turkish and is awesome. Many of the teachers in the area are quite good.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool, thanks Teela! It looks like I'll have a hard time choosing which instructor to chase down, there are so many good recommendations.