So, I Thought I'd Tell You Guys...

Daimona

Well crap! I can't have Nutrasweet/aspartame so those are out. That dried apple recipe sounds pretty tasty, though.

How about things sweetened with stevia?
(Or is the sugar industry lobby too strong for the politicians to allow production of it and/selling it in your country? :rolleyes:)

Last edited:

Farasha Hanem

Well crap! I can't have Nutrasweet/aspartame so those are out. That dried apple recipe sounds pretty tasty, though.

I stay entirely away from artificial sweeteners, most especially aspartame. It gives me severe migraines. Splenda isn't any better; it contains a chemical used to make DDT.

AndreaSTL

Stevia is sold here, but I've not had it yet. Like Farasha, I've just avoided artificial sweeteners. I would rather have the sugar in my body than the chemicals. My body hates aspartame; my throat feels like it's got a coating and closes up. Stevia is natural, though, isn't it?

Juno

What about Truvia? Its a sweetener from a different plant.
Truvia is from stevia, but s probably a different plant strain than other brands. (Probably genetically engineered, which can be a good thing.)

Also, everyone should know that aspartame is a mild poison. It releases ethanol (wood alcohol) when processed, and when cooked. The FDA approved aspartame but blocking stevia products purely for capitalist profits. The US aspartame patent is expired, so everything has changed now. Try to use stevia products and avoid aspartame. In fact, recent research showed an increased risk of heart attacks in diet soda drinkers. I suspect aspartame is the culprit.

The best diet is to only eat things that existed hundreds of years ago. Your body is designed for that stuff.

Juno

Farasha Hanem

Truvia is from stevia, but s probably a different plant strain than other brands. (Probably genetically engineered, which can be a good thing.)

Also, everyone should know that aspartame is a mild poison. It releases ethanol (wood alcohol) when processed, and when cooked. The FDA approved aspartame but blocking stevia products purely for capitalist profits. The US aspartame patent is expired, so everything has changed now. Try to use stevia products and avoid aspartame. In fact, recent research showed an increased risk of heart attacks in diet soda drinkers. I suspect aspartame is the culprit.

The best diet is to only eat things that existed hundreds of years ago. Your body is designed for that stuff.

Juno

I was gonna rep you, but I think you were the one I repped on your very first post (or maybe second? :think: ). :( You are so right about aspertame; I avoid it like I would avoid a Walker (Walking Dead reference here xD ). Aspertame gives me a horrendous migraine, even in very small doses.

Aspertame has also been linked to brain cancer. It's a dangerous ingredient, so I don't understand for the life of me why it's approved of as a consumable ingredient in anything. Splenda is no better.

LunaXJJ

Juno - Didn't know they were the same thing, thanks for the info. :)

Farasha - OMG I LOVE THAT SHOW!!! I can't wait for the next season! With all the shows out there that are basically regurgitation of other shows, it was great to see someone completely different from the norm. Even as far as zombie movies go this was still so different. It focused a lot more on the struggles, and complications that came with the situation on top of the whole survival theme. Instead of a random group of strangers meeting up and hiding in a mall. Lol.

Last edited:

asteria

congrats on the weight loss =))))):clap:
and also....it's good to know that im not the only person who is sensitive to aspartame. i only had it a few times, i broke out into hives, my mouth ended up with sores (too much info?) and i had really bad migraines... i dont know if anyone suggested it, but honey is a good alternative to sweeteners and it has some great heath benefits!

Farasha Hanem

congrats on the weight loss =))))):clap:
and also....it's good to know that im not the only person who is sensitive to aspartame. i only had it a few times, i broke out into hives, my mouth ended up with sores (too much info?) and i had really bad migraines... i dont know if anyone suggested it, but honey is a good alternative to sweeteners and it has some great heath benefits!

I like using raw, certified honey. Someone told me if you had allergies, using raw certified honey helps.