So, I Thought I'd Tell You Guys...

LunaXJJ

That I lost 38lbs. Still some to lose until I'm happy with my body, but still a huge improvement. I was really out of shape, and marginally overweight. I couldn't even complete most exercises because I was in such bad shape.

Now I can do squats without help, and sit-ups instead of half-arsed crunches. I have more energy, I feel better in my clothes. I lost two jean sizes, and can fit in some of the smaller clothes I had, but never wore because they were too small.

I started eating right, and exercising daily. Not just belly dance, but other exercises too of course. Also built up some muscle, started myself on vitamins to make up for any nutrients I don't get much of, and cut out fast food completely. I refuse to eat it anymore, not after finding out how many preservatives are in some fast foods. Cough-McDonalds-cough.

Just thought I'd share my story with everyone. I'm well over half way to my weight goal, and much more healthy now. If you've ever thought about losing weight, trust me, its a struggle, but so worth it. I'm a slow loser, and I love junk food, but I put my health and happiness first.

I also know some pretty great snacks for anyone who has a sweet tooth, but is trying to cut calories. ;)

Reactions: Mya

Mosaic

Super Moderator

How wonderful, you should be very proud of yourself.
~Mosaic

AndreaSTL

I also know some pretty great snacks for anyone who has a sweet tooth, but is trying to cut calories. ;)
Don't leave me hanging here! Whatcha know?

Congrats on your weight loss to date! I know it isn't easy, and you'll be at your goal weight before you know it.

LunaXJJ

Don't leave me hanging here! Whatcha know?

Congrats on your weight loss to date! I know it isn't easy, and you'll be at your goal weight before you know it.

Crystal Light hard candies, 25 cals for 4 candies, I believe.
Yoplait Light 100 or 110 cals (depending on the flavor)
There are these Del Monte 100cal mixed fruit cans that are so sweet and tasty.
Swiss Miss - 25cal diet hot cocoa. As a choco-lover its a wonderful treat, especially when its so cold out.
If you're into the crunchy snacks like chips, give this a try too: Link
That site also has tons of great recipes, and you can search by the amount of calories in the food.

Thank you all for the congrats, and kind words. :)
You're all so wonderful.

walladah

The most important thing

is that you changed your way of life into a healthier, nutritious and tasty mode! You will discover after some time that you will not be able to eat junk food anymore, as your body will dislike all this too salty, too chemical, too untasty food! For junk food is untasty and to make it tasty, the producers add too much chemicals, salt and sugar....

well done! i know that losing weight is not an easy thing - losing weight by changing eating habits, well, this is the best way to do it!

LunaXJJ

Yeah I'm not really into junk food as much as I was. I still miss certain things, but for the most part I'm good without it. I'd rather have a low calorie yogurt than a high calorie doughnut.

Aside from PMS, that always makes me crave the worst foods. Lol.

Greek Bonfire

CONGRATULATIONS!! Dontcha just love the freedom of movement because you are carrying less weight?

Dry cereal is great for snacks too - no fat, but some sugar. I eat Frosted Mini Wheats and find that they carry me a long way until my next meal.

Belly Love

First, Congrats!

Second, be careful with all of the diet/low-fat foods. They tend to have either extra sugar and/or artificial sweeteners that are reeeaaaallllyyyy bad for your health and can give you digestion problems. Also, artifical sweetener makes you more hungry ;).

Anyway, congrats again on the weight loss and becoming healthier!!! :dance:

LunaXJJ

First, Congrats!

Second, be careful with all of the diet/low-fat foods. They tend to have either extra sugar and/or artificial sweeteners that are reeeaaaallllyyyy bad for your health and can give you digestion problems. Also, artifical sweetener makes you more hungry ;).

Anyway, congrats again on the weight loss and becoming healthier!!! :dance:

Thanks for the advice.
As far as artificial sweeteners go, they just make you crave real sugar more. Since I don't really have access to junk food, I'm safe. I don't consume too much artificial sweetener, aside from the occasional diet Pepsi. I also tend to eat more fiber rich food in the morning to keep my digestive system healthy. :) I've done a lot of research on all things about weight loss, and healthy eating. I still do.

Thanks for the congrats everyone.
And for the powerbar link. I might try them sometime if they aren't too pricey.

LunaXJJ

CONGRATULATIONS!! Dontcha just love the freedom of movement because you are carrying less weight?

Dry cereal is great for snacks too - no fat, but some sugar. I eat Frosted Mini Wheats and find that they carry me a long way until my next meal.

Absolutely. I can definitely move a lot better, and last longer when belly dancing. BD was really hard to practice at first because I was so out of shape. I was lucky to finish a whole song.

I like dry cereal for snacking, but the kind I usually get doesn't work well for it. I usually eat the fiber one cereal with the honey clusters. Lots of fiber, and a little sweetness.

AndreaSTL

Crystal Light hard candies, 25 cals for 4 candies, I believe.
Yoplait Light 100 or 110 cals (depending on the flavor)
There are these Del Monte 100cal mixed fruit cans that are so sweet and tasty.
Swiss Miss - 25cal diet hot cocoa. As a choco-lover its a wonderful treat, especially when its so cold out.
If you're into the crunchy snacks like chips, give this a try too: Link
That site also has tons of great recipes, and you can search by the amount of calories in the food.

Thank you all for the congrats, and kind words. :)
You're all so wonderful.
Well crap! I can't have Nutrasweet/aspartame so those are out. That dried apple recipe sounds pretty tasty, though.