Bellydance holidays

taheya

Has anyone ever been on a bellydance holiday abroad to turkey or Egypt which included lessons etc? What were your experiences? Im thinking about doing one next year at some point and not sure whether to book with a teacher in the Uk and go on one of those organised trips, or try and book direct and organise classes myself.

colajam

Dance holidays

Hi to you,

I think if you book a pre arranged dance holiday package where there are other people on the holiday similar to you, you will not only have more fun (lots more women to laugh with) but it will probably be cheaper. The more people on the holiday the cheaper it should be as you are sharing the costs of the tutition. If you arrange on your own when you arrive in egypt/turkey you can get 1:2:1 tutition but the price will be higher than going with a group. You need to think about what suits you the most. :dance:

I am organising a dance holiday in Dahab Egypt Spring 2007. It includes 15 hours of classes with professional teacher Caroline Evanoff. We have a wide choice of rooms and the price is ranging from 280 ukpound - 380 for the week excluding flights. My website has a more information if this seems interesting Sheikh Salem House, The Beach Guest House in Dahab Home Page

Good luck, happy christmas and happy shimmy-ing :D

ColaJam

taheya

Hey colajam, thanks for the info. It looks like a very good price compared to others ive seen but it also says that it is for beginners. Im really looking for advanced as have been dancing for 5 years plus now. Hope it goes well for you if i was a beginner i would be interested!

Kaydeera

Hello Taheya,

I can recommend Tara Travel (www.taratravel.de), the site is in English, too. In March 2005 I took part in the Dahab Holiday Dance Festival - it was great!! Excellent teachers, workshops for all levels - well, except for beginners. The whole trip was very well organized.

Sara Abou Farhat

Hi Taheya,

was nice to see you, short but sweet, in London:D

Just read your posting & have a couple of tips for you.

For Egypt, check out the nile Group, Entertainment - Calendar or ask Maria Aya about it, she was there this year, I think in November. They hold three festivals per year in Cairo, February, June & November with REALLY good teachers from Egypt & all over the world. Khaled Mahmoud (based in UK) was also there this year.

I'll be taking a group to the November 2007 Festival, from Germany, perhaps see you there:D

There is of course the Ahlan wa Salan Festival also in Cairo with Raquia Hassan & international teachers - ask Kay Taylor about this, Home, she also organizes trips.

For Turkey, we have a dancer here in Germany, Nassim, Nassim* Tanzproduktionen und Tanzreisen who does , so I have heard, VERY well organized, regular, dance trips to Turkey!

Also for Turkey or Armenia, try this website: Tineke van Geel - Armenian, Dutch & international folkdance

Tara Travel is, unfortunately, only holding the festival at the moment in Morocco. She does do trips to Turkey in co-operation with solo dancers in Germany.

@ Kaydeera : The festivals in Dahab 2004 & 2005 were soooooooooooooooo nice :cool:
I'm thinking of organizing a trip there again in 2008 (2007 is full of Italy, Holland, England, Cairo, Fethiye, Beirut), if you're interested Kaydeera - perhaps with Angelika????

@ Taheya: Have fun,will you be going to the International Belly Dance Congress? Hope to dance the nights away with you there next year :dance:

Happy dancing,

Sara Abou Farhat

Kaydeera

@Sara,

hi, nice to meet you here, too.

Oh yes, I'd love to do another dance holiday in Dahab. I really liked it there. Let me know the details as soon as you have more information.
And of course I'll keep Angelika informed.
She was at the dance festival in Morokko in 2006 and will go again in 2007 because she had such a wonderful time there. For me both dates are too inconvenient.

Kaydeera

Sara Abou Farhat

@kaydeera: will keep you informed, THAT would be so nice to go to Egypt again with you and Angelika - we could storm Mahmouds "Wikala" in Khan el Khalili and get some REALLY nice costumes;)

Happy dancing,

Sara Abou Farhat

taheya

Hi sara, great info on the events in egypt and turkey, thankyou very much! I really am very keen to go to an event in egypt like these ones....maybe if i start saving my pennies now!

Sara Abou Farhat

Dear Maria Aya,

I've just got round to reading your articles about the Nile Festival.

Thank you so VERY, VERY much for sharing your experience with us, and in such a detailed way :clap: :clap:

I'm REALLY looking forward to November 2007 now :dance: :cool:

Happy dancing,

Sara Abou Farhat

Lakshmi Bhabi

I can also highly recommend Taratravel (see previous post link). Dagmar can organize amazing trips! I've been to Turkey with her twice and have savored those vacations as the treasures of a lifetime.

Sara Abou Farhat

Although the political situation is not contributing to a holiday feeling, check out Amanis Festival Website:

HOME PAGE

i'm not sure if she will be organizing a festival this year.

We were planning to fly in the summer holidays but I think we'll just have to sit tight for a while until everything settled down a bit :(

insh'allah...........:confused:

Happy dancing

Sara Abou Farhat