Hello from the north

asteria

HI everybody,

I have been belly dancing for exercise and love of the dance for the past two years (i was taking classes but unfortunately the studio in my area has shut down and the closest place to me is 5 hours away! :( ) I'm really excited to join this forum to learn more about the dance, and meet some great like minded people.
Im from Canada and live on Cape Breton Island, and belly dancers are few and far between here. I was learning the Egyptian cabaret style, but am more of a tribal girl at heart!

Can't wait to start searching through the forum!:)

Asteria~

Mosaic

Super Moderator
to the forum. What a shame your local studio closed. if you have any questions do ask, or do a search of the forum, as you may find threads that have answers for you.
~Mosaic

Imeera

Welcome to the forum! I am sure you can find all you need here, the women here are fantastic. If you have any questions ask and you will get the best advice, I can tell you that from experience! =D

teela

Welcome and this is a great place. I'm a bit further north in Alaska and I understand about teachers being a distance a way. The closest teacher for me is 2.5 hours by air and it takes most of a day to fly there.

onela

Fist-bump to fellow Bluenoser!

I saw your friend request and profile before this post, I thought you might be Halifax-based and tried to guess who you might be, but I don't think I'm right anymore :) Too bad you haven't got any belly dance locally in Cape Breton any more- if it weren't for that, then Cape Breton would be perfect! I'm from the opposite end of the province from you, I grew up on the south shore. Anyhow, I'm in Halifax so if you find yourself there too, give us a yell!

Farasha Hanem

Hello, Asteria, welcome to the forum! :D We think you'll like it here.

Hope a new class opens in your area very soon, and that you'll love it.

Last edited:

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
OMG! I'm from Cape Breton too but now I live in Newfoundland. Where do you live in the cape? I lived in sydney river.

Welcome to the forum as well.