Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 267891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

That was a huge image, Safran...

Around here, the rain is pouring down..
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

Summer's over here, too. Hope we have a nice long fall.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about that - I didn't expect it to show up that large :S

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Safran View Post
    Sorry about that - I didn't expect it to show up that large :S
    No problems, Safran!

And now, the rain is having a break, there is a glitch in the sky and I am watching a beautiful rainbow spreading its colours on top of a multicoloured green forest sprinkled with yellow leaves lit up by the sun!
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

We had a killing frost overnight Tuesday, -5 degrees C. But it's supposed to be back into the twenties for the weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Where are you, SidraK? That is right chilly!

We're sliding into autumn with cooler temps, some rain, and even a bit of hail late last week. Trees in the valleys and swales are changing color, too.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in Saskatchewan.

We're still having warm days (most days at least!) but this time of year, it cools off quickly at night. I'm back to shoes and socks and generally have to wear a sweater or light jacket on my way to work in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Just blowing some life into an old thread that went into hibernation in September.

As the wind is building up, we're currently preparing for the strongest storms around for the last two decades. We've had a lot of strong winds, but the new year storm in 1991/1992 became legendary because of the devastations back then (there were no human fatalities, but I hope the damage will be less this time, even if the wind is predicted to be stronger). I've already got reports through friends living further away that some old houses along the coast already has blown off the basement, and they have taken shelter in their basement.

Wind speeds have been reported up to 102 knots at some of the platforms in the North Sea (according to the Beaufort Wind Force Scale, hurricane force starts at 64 knots). Thank God it isn't this much yet around where I live, but the house is shaking and will probably do so through the night (during the storm in 1991/1992, the roof blow off the house).
    Last edited by Daimona; 12-25-2011 at 09:56 PM. Reason: rephrasing and grammar
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

Seems to be the Christmas of the storms. Melbourne had heavy duty storms with thunder & lightening hail stones literally as big as golf AND tennis balls, which did considerable damage in some areas, along with flooding. We just had the storms, thunder & lightening where I actually live. Not the best of weather for Christmas day. Today (boxing day) we are also expecting more of the same. The North of Aussie is Cyclone watching (hurricane) to our US friends. So I am asking the great weatherman in the sky, "Excuse me! Where the <bleep> is our summer!"

Stay safe Daim - sounds pretty nasty your way as well.
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mosaic View Post
    Seems to be the Christmas of the storms. Melbourne had heavy duty storms with thunder & lightening hail stones literally as big as golf AND tennis balls, which did considerable damage in some areas, along with flooding. We just had the storms, thunder & lightening where I actually live. Not the best of weather for Christmas day. Today (boxing day) we are also expecting more of the same. The North of Aussie is Cyclone watching (hurricane) to our US friends. So I am asking the great weatherman in the sky, "Excuse me! Where the <bleep> is our summer!"
    That sounds like a lousy summer weather, Mosaic... Stay safe you too! (I just hope a colleague who was going to celebrate Christmas at the beach of Melbourne is safe too.)

By now, at least two boats have sunk, but the crew all survived. I'll bet we'll have plenty of damage reports tomorrow.
    Several of the largest airports have been closed and it is interesting to follow the flightradar. Several flights have landed on airports far, far away from their original destination.
    Last edited by Daimona; 12-25-2011 at 11:07 PM. Reason: more boats sinking around
    --
    Daim.