Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314
    Post Thanks / Like

I added some more pictures to my post above.

The weather is much calmer now, but several areas still suffer from the damage and after effects. Large areas are still without electricity and telecommunication, and apart from the direct damages the wind and waves caused, indirect causes like land slides etc are common. At least one person is dead because he couldn't get to hospital in time as the roads were blocked and phone lines were down (no mobile network either, so we're praying that there are no need for emergency calls for those areas untill it is back).
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daimona View Post
    I added some more pictures to my post above.

The weather is much calmer now, but several areas still suffer from the damage and after effects. Large areas are still without electricity and telecommunication, and apart from the direct damages the wind and waves caused, indirect causes like land slides etc are common. At least one person is dead because he couldn't get to hospital in time as the roads were blocked and phone lines were down (no mobile network either, so we're praying that there are no need for emergency calls for those areas untill it is back).
    I saw some footage of the storm on the news last night, it is a ferocious one that is for sure, glad things are calming down.

We have a clear blue sky today, a chill in the air, more like spring weather than an Aussie summer, but certainly better than storms. Blue skies 7 sunlight always make you feel better I think
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

What ghastly weather for Christmas. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hopes honed for a better new year for you all.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Daimona, That is so frightening! Hope it doesn't happen like that again for a long, long time.

Post Thanks / Like

After looking at what has happened elsewhere I feel very blessed to have had a rather uneventful Christmas.

Keep safe Diamona and all else in Norway, Australia, and New Zealand.

Post Thanks / Like

We are getting quite a reprieve in Chicago. Everyday except two days in December were above freezing, and snow has been mostly a dusting, with more rain instead. It feels like a charmed winter life here but it feels sooooo good after the very harsh winters we have suffered here in recent years past.

Post Thanks / Like

It was almost 50 degrees here today but the wind was howling. I thought about taking a ride but riding in a high wind is not a lot of fun. My horse can't hear me talk to her and if she's going to get spooky it'll be when the wind is howling.

Guess it is about time to change to the 2012 Weather Thread, hmm?
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Last day.

It's been surprisingly warm here over the holidays after being abnormally cold for 2+ months. We had January type cold fronts and now it feels like March... go figure. It's been weird having actual seasons this year. Being in a desert normally it's just hot or frigid (and sometimes on the same day).

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314