Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a gorgegous 58F morning and I planned to go riding this afternoon- but up comes the wind, dropping the apparent temperature and ruffling my feathers. Guess I'll clean stalls and massage horses instead. Saturday morning I was still up at 4:30 working on seminar proposals. The wind was so bad that it was scary, and this is the land of big wind. I honestly feared my studio windows were going to blow out. Thank "Hank" for building a house meant to withstand ale force winds!
    (That's like gale force, but just enough stronger to make one take to drink.)

I read your tale of Oz weather with interest, Indrayu. We don't get much rain here, but when it does rain, it often pours down in wagonloads. Can't imagine getting storms like that one after the other.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

We all enjoy the wet season when there's some action weather-wise. For 6-8 months all that happens is the sun rises and sets. There used to be a local weatherman on TV who became nationally famous for his jokey presentations, wearing costumes, reading limericks, anything except stand there and say "Fine and sunny with an afternoon sea breeze, 33 degrees (Celsius)" day after day.

Post Thanks / Like

That nails it. You're definitely from Darwin. I knew because a friend of mine was giving the same weather reports but there's only one place in Australia with that particular weather report for approximately six months on end!

Post Thanks / Like

The snow here has just about all melted off, except for a few piles here and there that had been plowed. Thank goodness. I'd had enough of Snowpocalypse 2011!

Post Thanks / Like

We have a cold front moving back in. Can I send the snow back to you Farasha?

Post Thanks / Like

Don't talk to me about snow. All these four letter words you people use- tsk. It was a gorgeous, clear as a bell, sunshiny day today- with temps that barely got above freezing and a wind that never dropped below about 25 mph. It was even too cold for my daughter to go riding and that is cold. Of course, she wore sandals all day because after all the sun WAS shining.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Cold-ish again today. 11F (-11C) and overcast with a fifty percent chance of snow. Workmen can't come finish putting in my garage ceiling today, too cold for them to work out there

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes I wonder who is manning the weather station here. On line report tells me it is a clear, sunny, relatively calm 48 degrees outside. My eyes and thermometer tell me it is a gray day with temps to shiver one's timbers and wind to blow the hair off one's head. I have to go let the horses out and am cold just thinking of it.

Post Thanks / Like

After a few weeks of 13 C, it was -2 C again today... Way to cold all of a sudden... I was just getting used to the idea of an early spring

Post Thanks / Like

In The Netherlands do you have the expression "If March comes in like a lion it will go out like a lamb" and vice versa?

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast