Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    Spitting snow and rain here, but that's the norm for April in this country. Which desert contains you, Ariadne?
    I live in the northern part of the Mojave Desert at an elevation of around 2,800'. Usually this time of year it's a little drizzly and damp but comfortable (coats optional). Then last week the temperatures plunged and yesterday it started hailing and then snowing. Snow after February of any kind is rare... and a little annoying when you are trying to pull all the weeds that have grown from a week of consistent rain.

Post Thanks / Like

Alas, my dear, and drat those nasty weeds. At least you might have a beautiful desert spring flowering this year! More snow and rain here (my house is exactly one mile above sea level), but it was clearing by sunset. I am glad to see green grass and flowers. This winter has been long and hard. A lot of my perennials didn't make it to spring so I'm looking at garden revamping in a big way (if it will stop snowing for fifteen minutes!).

I used to go to the Mojave when I was in college in CA to live-trap kit fox, kangaroo rats and Mojave green rattlers. Those were the days!
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

I thinkwhen it comes to weather, this sums it all up

Post Thanks / Like

I watched that, then watched venus animation, then firmly told myself I have work to do and to leave MP for another day.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

It's lovely and sunny here in England today... highs of 25 degrees, that's balmy for April!

Post Thanks / Like

So far 20 C (68 F) and rising. Sunny and not even a tiny breeze.
    We are certainly getting a hint of summer these days.
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised no one has commented yet on the massive tornado outbreak in the southeastern U.S. on April 27. Here is a fascinating blog written by someone who was picked up by the tornado and physically hurled through the air by it: Tuscaloosa tornado experience shared in harrowing account by University of Alabama student | al.com

There were many history-making aspects to the swarm of tornadoes that night. This article talks about what they were: NOAA: Record 312 tornadoes in 24 hours last week - Yahoo! News

Here is video of the huge EF5 tornado that struck Tuscaloosa: See and hear deadly Alabama tornado

Post Thanks / Like

We were waiting for you, Shira.

During our recent motorcycle trip to Texas my husband and I spent several days avoiding damaging storms. A motorcycle is not what one wants to be on when the hail starts and the wind twists.

We managed to stay west of the worst storms, arriving at my aunt's house in Waco the day after several tornados touched down near by. She said she spent the prior evening sitting in the hall with pillows piled all around her. I don't miss this part of living in Texas.

In Wyoming today we have rain and chilly weather here- perfect sleeping weather.

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

We are having sun sun sunny sun! And I love it!

I can't wait till we move to Greece and then I will hopefully have sun all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

I live in a place that boasts more than 300 days of sunshine a year. I look forward to the rain.