Older newbie checking in :)

MariaAZ

I took my first few belly dance classes a few years ago but stopped when there was a change in class time that made it difficult to attend class.

After a long break, I started classes last month. The main reason for me to take belly dance is for fitness and flexibility. At 48 I want to keep as fit and flexible as possible, and there sure are a lot of good role models in these forums!

goddessyasaman

Hello and welcome, Yes Belly dance will help with that, My mom is 50 and I have been teaching her, she even attended my teaching class, she has some hip pain and neen pain here and there, but with belly dance it has helped her with that as well, I just love all the things you can get from belly dancing. :)

Farasha Hanem

Hi, Maria, I'll be 50 next month! :D Started taking classes when I was a few months away from my 47th birthday. Bellydance has helped me a lot with not only flexibility, but with strength and posture, too. We're glad to have you join us---welcome! :D

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Welcome back to bellydance, from someone who has said goodbye to her 50s completely:D
~Mosaic

MariaAZ

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm having a blast and have already seen a bit of improvement in range of movement in my shoulders (warming up with shoulder rolling and practicing snake arms.)