Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Middle East Forum?

Just though it would be an interesting thing to add.

It'd be specifically for other aspects of ME culture, history, and present time.

Of course there's the off topic discussion, but that seems to me like an anything goes type forum, and I though this would be better as a separate forum.

Just a suggestion.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree =] I would love to discuss Middle Eastern food on here =D

Post Thanks / Like

I'm up for it! I'm very interested in the culture and it would be fun to discover more =)

Post Thanks / Like

Now that you mention it, I realize I know little to nothing about ME cuisine.
    Isn't they're food usually spicy? That's all I've heard about it, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't this Middle Eastern? A Lamb Tagine?

Yum.

Post Thanks / Like

I do belive there used to be or it was discussed at one point. Are you looking for just a section where they post but in english? I think the problem before was that the forum section wasn't written in english and many people here didn't know what they were talking about.

Then again I could be confusing it with another forum I used to be on...before it imploded on itself.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. Beginning dancer. Knows nothing.
    2. Intermediate dancer. Knows everything. Too good to dance with beginners.
    3. Hotshot dancer. Too good to dance with anyone.
    4. Advanced dancer. Dances everything. Especially with beginners
    ~ Attributed to Dick Crum, a folk dance teacher ~

Post Thanks / Like

There were a few discussions that were in languages other than English. We had separate threads for Spanish , Dutch and Arabic and might be a few other languages which I cannot recall at this moment.

Members are allowed to start a thread in any language , although it restricts most of the members in this board to participate in such discussions.

LunaXJJ , This forum is all about Dance from, and inspired by, the Near and Middle East . If you specifically want to start a thread about a particular language or culture from the Middle East I am sure you can choose any of the sub forums in this board.

Regards

Dev

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyriine View Post
    Isn't this Middle Eastern? A Lamb Tagine?

Yum.
    Thechnically, that's North African. Perhaps it should be better to name it the Middle East and North African forum. Subsections for culture, language, politics, cuisine. Just a thought

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tarik Sultan View Post
    Thechnically, that's North African. Perhaps it should be better to name it the Middle East and North African forum. Subsections for culture, language, politics, cuisine. Just a thought
    Come to think of it, shouldn't we just add, "North African" in our forum description?

Now that I've given it a bit more thought, it might be nice to have some sort of subsection forum where we can discuss food, customs, etc. The information might prove useful to those who would be new to travelling abroad to the Middle East and Africa. So long as we all make a point to not allow World War 793 break out, like a couple of years back. That almost drove me away for good.

It just hit me. A subforum would probably be nice, but if a person wanted, he or she could also start a discussion group on the topic of customs.

Post Thanks / Like

Problem is if we have a ME/Nth African subforum, then eventually someone will want an area for say Mediterranean areas, and Turkey may want its own as no one seems to know if it is ME or Med and it could all get too messy.

We do have a social groups area see under community an ME or whatever group could be formed there, maybe form a recipe/food discussion group (I won't join .. I hate cooking with a passion). Not sure that it is used very much even though there are a few groups lists.

Oops just noticed Farasha mentioned the discussion groups
    ~Mosaic
    Dance is like glitter, it not only colours your life, it makes you sparkle, you find it everywhere and in everything and it's near impossible to get rid of. (unknown)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast