Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello

Post Thanks / Like

Hello,Torihime! I am glad that you enjoyed your first class! Don't worry, we've all been through feeling awkward about our body... I still get it every now and then when learning a new movement. It is indeed about practicing and then adjusting the movement to your body.

I wish you a great journey on the path of dancing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It can seem like that on your first class.

Don't worry it's perfectly natural. You must not compare your movement to other dancers. It is your own special journey. Do not allow yourself to feel hurried. Take away two movements a week that you like and practice them at home in front of the mirror until you are confident that you are doing them correctly, with isolation etc. Then come away from the mirror and learn the 'internal' feeling of the movement when done correctly.

You will enjoy yourself much more if you worry less in class and smile more! Decide to do the hard work at home and soon you will be amazing!

Good luck and enjoy - it is your dance that you are looking for, that comes from within.
    x

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your first class.

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New also

I am in the same boat! I have been practicing with Delilah's workshop #1. As soon as I feel comfortable, I also hope to join a classroom! Good luck to you and who knows, maybe we will be dancing in the same class some day! Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!!

I've been practising every day this week for about an hour, so I think I'm on the right track

I use the Veena & Neena DVDbox for when I feel like dancing, and the Rania bellydance fitness DVD's for when I feel like exercising.

Post Thanks / Like

Roll  Eyes Awesome

THATS AWESOME!!! I THOUGHT I WAS D ONLY ONE THAT WAS KRAZii ENOUGH 2 PRACTICE EVERYDAY....I'VE BEEN TAKING CLASSES 4 ABOUT 2 MONTHS N BEEN PRACTICING EVERYDAY...IF EVERYTHING GOES WELL I WILL PERFORM WITH MY TEACHER (SHE IS GREAT) IN APRIL SO WISH ME LUCK!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow April, that's quick! Good luck, hope it goes well!!

I don't practise much in the weekends because I'm shy about doing it in front of my boyfriend or family.. I want to improve first. (+ I don't have a DVDplayer there)

Post Thanks / Like

Roll  Eyes

THANX....I KNO3 THATS WHAT?? LIKE LESS THAN 2 MONTHS.....OMG!!!!WE HAVE BEEN PUTTING A ROUTINE 2GETHER SO HOPEFULLY WE'LL FINISH B4 D SHOW.......DNT B SHY.....I REALLY LIKE 4 PPL 2 TELL ME IF I LOOK OK IN WHAT IM DOING......MAYBE UR BOYFRIEND CAN HELP U OUT.....

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I could take hearing his criticism yet, it would take all the fun out of belly dancing for me if he wouldn't like it..
    He does like my outfit though

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12