Hello

Torihime

Hello everyone!
I'm new to this forum and also new to belly dancing. I've always liked to watch belly dancers, but I never danced myself. Now I finally took the step to start learning it myself! I bought a few dvd's and I'm planning on practicing with them a lot so I can learn the basics. When I feel more comfortable about myself I want to join a class.
I think this forum will be very useful for me and lots of fun too! ;)

sstacy123

Welcome to the forum! I'm new to belly dance as well, just one five week class and practicing with DVDs till I start classes again in January!

miss_shimmy

yey

you are gonna be great,I am so happy you found us!

Torihime

Thanks for the nice welcome! ;)

Tomorrow I'll have my first bellydance class! I'm very much looking forward to it! :dance:
It's a beginner's class and I think it will be very useful to get feedback from a real bellydance teacher. I already know some moves from the DVD's I've been practicing with, but I could be doing things wrong without even knowing it :lol: And no doubt I'll learn some new moves too. I'm very excited!
Unfortunately it will only be this one time, but if I like it I may be able to join other classes.

Amunet

Hi - some of the worlds most famous dancers learned from video, so you are well ahead of the game. You seem confident and keen, you will be great!
Happy dancing!:)

Torihime

Thank you!! :D

I just got back from the lesson and it was fun. The teacher was really nice!
Unfortunately we learned a lot of things in a short time, so there wasn't much room to really learn the exact moves. And seeing myself dance in front of a huge mirror made me very aware of how bad I move..
I do know I'll have to practice LOTS!! :rolleyes:

Safran

Hello,Torihime! I am glad that you enjoyed your first class! Don't worry, we've all been through feeling awkward about our body... I still get it every now and then when learning a new movement. It is indeed about practicing and then adjusting the movement to your body.

I wish you a great journey on the path of dancing!!!

Amunet

It can seem like that on your first class.

Don't worry it's perfectly natural. You must not compare your movement to other dancers. It is your own special journey. Do not allow yourself to feel hurried. Take away two movements a week that you like and practice them at home in front of the mirror until you are confident that you are doing them correctly, with isolation etc. Then come away from the mirror and learn the 'internal' feeling of the movement when done correctly.

You will enjoy yourself much more if you worry less in class and smile more! Decide to do the hard work at home and soon you will be amazing!

Good luck and enjoy - it is your dance that you are looking for, that comes from within.
x

KuteNurse

New also

I am in the same boat! I have been practicing with Delilah's workshop #1. As soon as I feel comfortable, I also hope to join a classroom! Good luck to you and who knows, maybe we will be dancing in the same class some day! Have fun!

Torihime

Thanks!! :D

I've been practising every day this week for about an hour, so I think I'm on the right track ;)

I use the Veena & Neena DVDbox for when I feel like dancing, and the Rania bellydance fitness DVD's for when I feel like exercising.

P@SSiON

Awesome

THATS AWESOME!!! I THOUGHT I WAS D ONLY ONE THAT WAS KRAZii ENOUGH 2 PRACTICE EVERYDAY....I'VE BEEN TAKING CLASSES 4 ABOUT 2 MONTHS N BEEN PRACTICING EVERYDAY...IF EVERYTHING GOES WELL I WILL PERFORM WITH MY TEACHER (SHE IS GREAT) IN APRIL SO WISH ME LUCK!!!!:lol:

Torihime

Wow April, that's quick! Good luck, hope it goes well!! ;)

I don't practise much in the weekends because I'm shy about doing it in front of my boyfriend or family.. I want to improve first. (+ I don't have a DVDplayer there) :redface:

P@SSiON

THANX....I KNO3 THATS WHAT?? LIKE LESS THAN 2 MONTHS.....OMG!!!!WE HAVE BEEN PUTTING A ROUTINE 2GETHER SO HOPEFULLY WE'LL FINISH B4 D SHOW.......DNT B SHY.....I REALLY LIKE 4 PPL 2 TELL ME IF I LOOK OK IN WHAT IM DOING......MAYBE UR BOYFRIEND CAN HELP U OUT.....:dance:

Torihime

I don't think I could take hearing his criticism yet, it would take all the fun out of belly dancing for me if he wouldn't like it..
He does like my outfit though ;)